Charting the path forward with resilience and adaptabilityThree organizational capabilities industry leaders will need to help navigate the business challenges caused by COVID-19
2020 CGI Client Global Insights SummaryIn 2020, we met with 1,447 business and IT executives across banking, communications, government, health and life sciences, insurance, manufacturing, oil and gas, retail and consumer services, transportation and logistics, and utilities. The 2020 CGI Global Insights Summary highlights several ...
Our findings from more than 1,400 in-person interviews in 2020 with executives around the globe and across the 17 industries we serve, as published in the CGI Client Global Insights, suggest that companies with the closest alignment between their business and IT leadership show markedly better performance in terms of revenue and profitable growth.
Yet, we also recognize that many organizations are searching for defined processes for measuring the satisfaction and alignment of their three IT stakeholders, namely the lines of business leaders, the business executives, and the IT leader.
CGI’s Journey to World-Class IT methodology helps you increase alignment between business and IT, driving forward the governance model and requisite processes that achieve continuous improvement. This methodology is based on our benchmarking data and best practices from decades of successfully delivering enterprise-wide consulting, systems integration and managed IT and business process services. Alignment is measured using the 10 key attributes of a world-class IT organization―one that is client-focused and dedicated to continuous improvement:
- Business value
- Services aligned with business requirements
- In-depth knowledge of business domain
- Consistent introduction of innovation
- Secure environment, including data privacy
- Technology effectiveness
- Stable IT environment and quality service
- Projects delivered on time, on budget
- In-depth knowledge in IT
- Cost-effective IT services
- Human capital
- A strategy to preserve IT knowledge
- IT working environment and culture
To measure the performance and determine the related goals and priorities, the methodology includes IT metrics and a proven continuous improvement process involving the three IT stakeholders. This enables your management to have a laser focus on investment planning and strategy development across all management levels to reach your world-class IT organization goals.
Our approach is complemented with benchmarking capabilities to compare the measurement of your alignment with industry peers, locally and worldwide. As well, it includes a cybersecurity and data privacy external assessment to drive greater awareness of your world-class security level.
From a business perspective, our “Journey to a World-Class IT Organization” methodology:
- Promotes continuous alignment of IT stakeholders towards the IT goals and priorities, enabling a clear direction and path to business digital transformation and innovation
- Focuses IT investments on the right business strategies and priorities to achieve your world-class in line with your capacity to invest
- Provides a structured IT governance model and approach to IT continuous performance improvement
- Aligns IT metrics to goals and priorities for comprehensive results, visible at all management levels
- Continuously enhances IT efficiency and effectiveness by focusing on key value drivers
- Provides a solid framework for an applications technology portfolio extensions and/or the integration of future acquisitions