- UTILITIES HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
Achieving business excellence in the digital age
Leading utilities are focused on moving to more customer-centric business models and achieving operational excellence. Advancing technologies, such as smart meters and grids, cloud computing, digital, big data, and social media, create opportunities to launch new products and services and deliver a more retail-like customer experience. At the same time, technology is a key enabler for driving operational improvements that cut costs, generate competitive advantages, improve regulatory compliance, increase security, and drive the effective response to climate change and extreme weather.
CGI offers services and solutions across the utilities industry, including the electricity, downstream natural gas, and water and waste sectors. We have deep experience in both regulated and unregulated markets and have formed long-term client relationships with the world’s largest utilities. We partner with utilities to deliver innovative technologies that meet current and future requirements and help ensure long-term growth and success.
Experience and expertise
- CGI has a major presence across the Americas, Europe and Australia, with 5,000+ professionals dedicated to the industry.
- We work with 250+ clients worldwide and partner with 8 of the 10 largest utilities in both Europe and North America.
- We designed and built 11 of the 17 central energy market systems in the world today.
- Our asset, resource and workforce management systems support 60 of the top 100 utilities in North America, including a number of gas distributors.
- We have long-term outsourcing relationships with clients such as EDP (Portugal, Spain, Brazil, U.S.), Elexon (UK), and EDF and GDF Suez (France).
- We support large, well-known smart grid projects such as InovGrid (Portugal) and Low Carbon London (UK).
- Our comprehensive collections systems solution enables a leading energy services company in Northeast U.S. to reduce bad debt and increase the efficiency of its collections operations.
- We designed, built and currently operate three of Australia’s gas market systems.
- CGI is data services provider for the rollout of 53 million smart gas and electricity meters in the UK.
- We manage mission-critical systems for a large public utility in Eastern Canada.
- Our Renewables Management System controls more than 6,000 turbines in nearly 300 windfarms in 9 countries across 3 continents.
- We partner with EDF for the management of its nuclear, hydro and thermal plant maintenance systems in France.
- CGI has used predictive analytics and visualization software to improve leak detection and prediction for Vitens, a major water supply company in the Netherlands.
Read our blog
2016 CGI Global 1000
Digital transformation requires utilities to take a holistic approach to new technologies