Proven IoT expertise and services
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of physical devices and other elements embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators and network connectivity, which enable these objects to connect and exchange data. With IoT, everyday objects become "smart" assets seamlessly integrated across a global network and capable of generating and exchanging valuable data without human intervention.
IoT enables multiple assets to act in unison, which results in "ambient intelligence." Through ambient intelligence, our world becomes “smarter” and more interconnected, driving significant economic, social and business benefits. IoT is driving innovations, such as smart metering, car telematics, remote health monitoring, mobile workforces and more, and CGI is at the forefront of its use and advancement.
We combine local IoT experts, global insights, deep industry knowledge, and strong engineering and technology skills to help clients realize the full value of IoT—quickly and securely. Whether a client is taking first steps in IoT or looking for help in running its IoT environment, we have the end-to-end capabilities and proven framework to help them achieve their IoT goals.
Closer to customers through IoT
C.C. Jensen, a global leader in oil filtration and purification systems, collaborated with CGI to develop a scalable IoT platform that brings the company closer to its end customers with new, value-added services.
The CGI solution harnesses the powers of IoT, big data, cloud and advanced analytics using data from multiple sensors that measure oil viscosity, particles, chemicals, pressure, temperature, humidity, etc.
Now C.C. Jensen customers can benefit from live visualization 24/7 and predictive monitoring to minimize the risk of unexpected downtime, ensure increased efficiency and reduce maintenance costs.
Envision a new way of delivering business value through IoT
- IoT new ideas workshop - Discover new ideas to drive innovation through IoT
- IoT explore kit - Select a use case, install hardware and apply analytics to assess how IoT can add real value before making a big investment
- IoT production and scale - Scale quickly by building and running the IoT environment with the help of CGI’s proven accelerators and framework
- Intelligent buildings - Leverage CGI’s integrated building management solution with proven benefits
- Industry 4.0 - Use CGI’s proven approach to help drive business and IT optimization across the functional domains of the end-to-end supply chain
- IoT managed services - Focus on the business by relying on CGI to maintain, optimize and update the IoT environment
Our IoT experts have delivered innovative IoT solutions for a broad range of business areas, including:
- Public asset management (IBOR)
- Smart utilities (Sm@rtering)
- IoT for data management with open source API (Kinota)