Each year, CGI meets face-to-face with business and IT leaders to hear their perspectives on the trends affecting their organizations. In 2017, we conducted 97 in-person interviews with health and life sciences clients to hear more about their top trends and priorities.
The need to shift from a supply-driven to a demand-driven organization is driving the industry’s digital transformation, as are investments to provide more personalized service and safer, more efficient and effective care. Top trends in the industry focus on client and consumer interaction, including privacy and security.
Top 2017 trends in health and life sciences
- 87% becoming digital organisations to meet citizen and consumer expectations
- 78% protecting data and equipment through cybersecurity and cyberprivacy
- 68% Health reform driving regulatory compliance
- 63% Interoperability and standards
- 61% Budget pressures due to aging populations
Executives continue to see changes in the industry, with merger, divestiture and acquisition strategies being a top emerging trend. Data drives other top emerging trends, including the advent of precision medicine and advanced health analytics.
Investing for innovation
Industry leaders interviewed indicate that they want to do more with data to improve efficiency and service quality while better meeting care and cost expectations. Today and over the next three years, health and life sciences executives see the client healthcare experience as the top area for investment. Modernization remains a major component of the innovation agenda. Investment shifts will seek to address cybersecurity, exploit analytics and realize greater interoperability.
Focus areas for health and life sciences client innovation
- Improving the client experience of healthcare
- Integration and interoperability for transformation
- Legacy modernization and agile delivery
- Cybersecurity and cyberprivacy
- Digital insight and predictive analytics for safer, more precise medicine
- Back-office operational excellence and efficiency
Discover the insight
Download additional trend information from the 2017 CGI Client Global Insights health and life sciences summary, and contact us for a copy of the full report and to arrange a personal discussion with a CGI health and life sciences expert for further analysis and insights.