The road to CGI Advantage ERP
The City of Mesa struggled with the management of multiple, disparate solutions that required over 1,300 customizations to meet their business process needs. Paper-based processes required dual data entry resulting in decreased efficiency and accessibility. The complexity of managing these solutions, coupled with a shortage in support, led to long and difficult upgrade cycles averaging 30 months. Due to the high ongoing cost of ownership and the desire to upgrade to a modern platform, the City decided the best course of action was to implement an ERP solution that supported their needs now and would grow them into the future.
Working with CGI to meet the unique needs of a public sector organization
The City of Mesa was in search of an ERP solution that could meet the unique needs of the enterprise as well as tackle the demands on public sector organizations. The City sought a single source of truth for their ERP business processes. With CGI Advantage, they found a partner in their digital transformation journey with a configurable, unified solution that supports their HR, financial management, and performance budgeting business processes.
A public sector HR solution should deliver more than just a slick user experience; it needs to support broader organizational objectives and that’s what we’ve accomplished here.
Valerie McBrien, ERP Program Director, City of Mesa
CGI and City of Mesa project outcomes
With CGI Advantage, the City is working with a single source of truth that lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines business processes, and increases efficiency. Additional realized benefits include:
- A decrease in customizations and staffing requirements resulting in faster upgrade cycles and a more dynamic solution.
- Empowering HR resources to focus on strategic efforts by removing the need for manual and duplicate data entry.
- Increased accuracy and efficiency with reporting.
- Process improvements due to the shift from customized or paper-based processes to configurable, automated processes.
- Increased pay transparency and accuracy by leveraging overall process improvements and configurable support for negotiated agreements and special pay.
About City of Mesa, AZ
The City of Mesa is the third largest city in Arizona with approximately 500,000 citizens. Awarded the Best Big City in the Southwest by Money magazine in 2016, this growing city has 4,300 employees on the payroll and has an operating budget of $1.9B. The City is currently leveraging CGI Advantage Human Resource Management, Financial Management, and Performance Budgeting.