CGI healthcare IT services and solutions support:
- CGI has successfully supported Health and Social Services agencies across a diverse set of mission-critical systems and program areas since 1998.
- 100+ million beneficiaries of Medicare, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Plan through connected portals
- $53+ billion in Open Payments financial transparency reporting
- Subject matter expertise supporting complex Health Information Exchanges on multiple healthcare specifications and transports including HL7 and FHIR.
More about CGI in Health
CGI Federal is a trusted partner in healthcare and social service organization within the federal government. Within this world, we concentrate our services and solution in three major disciplines:
Digital Government: Enabling effective citizen outreach regarding care delivery, benefits administration and surveillance.
Data as a Strategic Asset: Helping public health agencies with complex data and security challenges, resulting in improved decision-making, innovative research capabilities, better care quality, and enhanced cybersecurity posture.
Modernization: Leveraging strategic partnerships with COTs providers and our successful cloud experience to provide end-to-end services across all tiers, with corresponding deep domain knowledge, and integrated functionality, frameworks, and governance to support clients’ IT modernization objectives
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Medicare.gov, MyMedicare.gov and CMS.gov collectively enable the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to help citizens make informed and personalized healthcare decisions. CGI’s work has helped turn static sites into portals that act as the healthcare gateway for 100 million Americans. The Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS), Medicare’s provider and supplier enrollment system, safeguards the Medicare trust fund and expenditures and provides controls to maintain data integrity.
- Open Payments physician transparency
The Open Payments national physician transparency program fulfills Section 6002 of the Affordable Care Act. CGI built and supports the Open Payments system which allows citizens to gain insight into financial transactions between providers and pharmaceutical, biologic and medical device manufacturers. As of the Open Payments FY20 Annual Report to Congress, Open Payments has published 76.25 million records, representing $53 billion in payments, ownership and investment interest..
- Promoting interoperability registration
The Promoting Interoperability (formerly EHR Incentive) program registration and attestation system has generated more than $30 billion in Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive payments for eligible providers to date.
- Medicare Advantage and Part D systems
CGI works with the Federal Health Architecture (FHA) and strategic partners to develop the U.S. government’s most widely adopted open source gateway for the secure exchange of health information. Known as CONNECT, this transport gateway enables a patient’s health record to follow his or her journey throughout the healthcare system. Learn more about CGI and federal health data exchange.
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Opioid Exchange Pilot
CGI designed the CONNECT Empowering Opioid Exchange pilot program for HHS to identify potential misuse of prescription drugs by linking federally managed patient records with state prescription data records.