CMS systems and projects supported over two decades
CMS savings due to CGI-identified and recovered improper payments
Decrease (68%) in CMS's medical appeals process via CGI-implemented technology
Providers supported across 1,000+ health facilities via CGI solutions and services
Beneficiaries connected through Medicare, Medicaid & CHIP portals
Reported to date via CMS Open Payments financial transparency solutions
CGI Federal’s expert insights and solutions transform how health agencies conduct business and provide integral care and services to citizens. With some of the most important missions in the federal government, healthcare agencies trust CGI Federal's solutions and services to enable them to carry out those missions.
Our practice is structured to provide advanced solutions that lower agencies’ costs, help them provide higher quality care, better engage individual citizens and ultimately improve our population’s overall health. Our goals reflect those of our clients: to implement IT solutions that promote health and wellness; enhance delivery and experience of care; build secure, data-driven ecosystems that accelerate research and innovation; and connect health care with health data.
- Modernization initiatives that create interconnected data ecosystems to facilitate public health decision making and mission response
CMS Application Programming Interface (API) Gateway – CGI was chosen in 2021 to lead a first-of-its-scale implementation at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, focused on creating a streamlined, data-sharing solution that enhances the agency’s ability to detect and combat fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
CMS Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership Systems (PECOS) – In 2008, CGI Federal began implementing PECOS, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ “one-stop-shop” platform for Medicaid enrollment for all providers and suppliers. In 2021, CGI was again chosen to redesign and modernize the system, dubbed “PECOS 2.0.”
HHS Opioid Exchange Pilot - CGI designed the CONNECT Empowering Opioid Exchange pilot program in 2017 for the Department of Health and Human Services, allowing the agency to identify potential misuse of prescription drugs by linking federally managed patient records with state prescription data records.
- Financial management capabilities that increase operational efficiency and speed of mission
VA Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT) - In 2017, the Department of Veterans Affairs launched the FMBT program, engaging CGI as the systems integrator to implement our Momentum Integrated Financial and Acquisitions Management System, iFAMS. iFAMS will replace VA’s 30-year-old mainframe-based financial management system, as well as the legacy contract writing system. Two successful “go-lives” were executed in 2021 and 2022.
CMS Open Payments - CGI built and supports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ “Open Payments” national physician transparency program, which allows citizens to gain insight into financial transactions between providers and pharmaceutical, biologic and medical device manufacturers.
- Cybersecurity services and solutions that protect sensitive health information
Office of the National Coordinator’s (ONC) CONNECT Platform – In 2010, CGI partnered with U.S. Federal Health Architecture (FHA) to develop and support the CONNECT platform, the government’s most widely adopted open source gateway for the secure exchange of health information. Despite transitioning to the private sector in 2019, CGI has continued supporting the CONNECT platform, as it remains one of the most widely used interoperability mechanisms to connect to the eHealth Exchange.
CGI Federal has partnered with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services since 1998, providing end-to-end IT services on over 70 systems and projects. Our innovative approaches have helped solved today’s most vexing healthcare challenges by providing robust, secure solutions that allow CMS beneficiaries and stakeholders more access to and control over information.
- Healthcare blogs
- Data Modernization: Modernizing grants data in federal agencies
- Data Modernization: How automation can improve pandemic response in health care
- Data Modernization: Forging the future as an IT operations leader
- Data Modernization: One-Size-Fits-All information governance won’t work for content services
- Data Modernization: Sharing information to fight opioid misuse in the U.S.
- Cybersecurity: Zero Trust: A necessity for hybrid and remote work
- Cybersecurity: Trust no one: The power of zero trust architecture
- Cybersecurity: Seven strategies for effective cybersecurity solution vetting
- Supply Chain: Six key factors to evaluate supply chain tools
- Healthcare solutions
- CGI healthcare news
- CGI wins $34.4M contract at CMS’ Center for Program Integrity
- CGI awarded $27 million contract from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- CGI's Momentum® goes live at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- CGI Federal's Momentum® Acquisitions contract writing system goes live at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs