- OIL & GAS HOME
- UPSTREAM HOME
- CONTACT US
Maximizing assets, output and profit
Technology advances are helping upstream leaders address a wide range of challenges, including fluctuating supply and demand, aging assets, a shortage of skilled workers, increased regulation, safety and security risks, environmental protection and more. At the same time, new and evolving technologies, including smart, digital, big data, mobile, cloud and others are creating greater opportunities to explore and exploit new reserves, compete for existing reserves, boost productivity and reduce costs.
CGI has developed a large portfolio of technology services and solutions that are driving improvements across the entire upstream exploration and production life cycle. We partner with upstream clients around the world to maximize their assets, output and profit through a combination of deep technology and upstream business expertise.
What we offer
CGI’s portfolio of upstream services and solutions covers the following critical business areas:
- Capital projects and field development
- Drilling and well management
- Operations (asset and workforce management, accounting, reporting, etc.)
- Reservoir and production management
- Joint venture management
Within each area, we provide supporting IT services, including business consulting, systems integration services, business process services, and IT outsourcing services. The applications we offer include our own intellectual property, as well as innovative solutions from our alliances with world-leading vendors. Our upstream experts understand the requirements, functions and challenges of each area and recommend the best technology solutions to drive transformation.
The value we deliver
CGI’s work with upstream clients across the globe delivers the following competitive advantages:
- Reduced exploration costs and time-to-first-oil using sophisticated data modeling and visualization
- Optimized production using real-time production data to enable faster, better decision making
- Streamlined, automated and integrated business processes
- Implementation of smart and other profit-driving technologies
- System and data integration, creating a single view of operations and information
- Increased flexibility and agility in responding to market changes
- Greater compliance with safety, environmental and security regulations
CGI’s decades of global upstream experience, large pool of upstream experts, and end-to-end upstream services and solutions provide everything that’s needed to transform upstream operations and drive profitable growth. We have an extensive track record of success in working with international upstream companies around the world and have formed many long-term partnerships, demonstrating our ability to consistently deliver results.
Highlights of our work and capabilities include the following:
- We provide support for more than 1,000 upstream exploration and production applications for global oil and gas companies.
- Our help desk for Statoil supports more than 26,000 users onshore and offshore with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- CGI's Exploration2Revenue (X2R) Business Suite delivers robust solutions for joint venture, land and production management using mobile, digital and cloud technologies.
- We are a cloud services provider for 38 upstream operators, managing more than 700 joint ventures.
- Ninety-five percent of all UK oil and gas offshore personnel movements are tracked by VantagePoB, a widely used health, safety and environmental (HSE) workforce management solution developed by CGI.