Improving the passenger experience and achieving efficiencies
Increasing regulation, cost pressures and competition are driving the need for greater operational efficiencies in the transport and logistics sectors. Passenger expectations also are on the rise, challenging companies to launch new products and services and enhance the passenger experience. Through advanced digital technologies, CGI is working with transport and logistics clients across the globe to drive business transformation and growth.
CGI partners with clients across the aviation, rail, maritime, and road and regional sectors. With an in-depth understanding of our clients’ industry challenges and business needs, we deliver innovative digital business solutions that improve energy and process efficiencies, optimize the passenger experience, enhance cybersecurity, increase regulatory compliance, and much more.
Experience and expertise
- Provider of end-to-end IT transport and logistics services, from consulting to full IT outsourcing, along with specialized IT aviation, rail, and road and regional services
- 30+ years of transport and logistics experience
- Program manager for one of the largest transport IT projects in the world, which encompasses the implementation of an automated traffic control, enforcement and security system in the Middle East
- In the rail sector, service provider for many rail operation companies in Europe, including the market leaders for passenger and cargo transportation—Deutsche Bahn and SNCF—and three of the largest national infrastructure providers—Network Rail, ProRail and DB Netz
- Broad intelligent transport systems expertise, solutions and capabilities
- Successful delivery of major transport and logistics IT projects across the globe, including the following:
- First biometric border control solution in Europe
- Development of the Helsinki Journey Planner, a travel planner that is the third most valued Internet brand in Finland
- Billing for more than 3 million train movements a year for Network Rail
- Delivery of an innovative loyalty solution, Privium, for the Schiphol Airport
- Provider of CGI Traffic360, a service used by 3 of the 8 national road tolling schemes in Europe that combines automated and manual processes to capture data from millions of license plate numbers, ensuring 100% data reliability for road toll operators
- Provider of Pro Logistica, an enterprise-wide mobile retail solution used by 30 airlines worldwide that provides flexible mobile retailing functionality for managing on-board sales and stock movement
- Provider of a comprehensive technology and business platform in use by 10 airports in Portugal to optimize airport operations management and drive performance and profitability
- Member of a 34-partner consortium called MOBiNET, which aims to build a service platform to simplify the European-wide deployment of connected transport services by creating an “Internet of Mobility,” MOBiNET is a collaborative project in the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union.
Read our blog
January 12, 2017Digitalization opens new paths for transport, future cities
October 8, 2015Improving public transportation with data visualization
July 1, 2015The move to modernize traffic management systems
June 24, 2015Improving road inspections and maintenance through mobile technology
April 21, 2015Streamlining onboard sales through a single, back-office solution
2016 CGI Global 1000
We met one-on-one with 1,000 business and IT leaders across 10 industries in 20 countries.
Discover the insights
Sustainable transport and mobility