Innovating business, clinical and IT solutions
With more than 25 years of health IT experience, CGI is a trusted IT services partner to public health organizations. We have deep understanding of the issues, environments and regulatory demands facing our clients, including the ever-evolving standards for sharing health information.
CGI builds and manages innovative business, clinical and IT solutions to address our clients’ most complex and mission-critical operations. Our dedicated health practice helps clients anticipate challenges and achieve real transformation by addressing business and policy issues in parallel with technology for better engagement, adoption and results.
We bring the right expertise to our projects from CGI health experts including health information professionals, clinicians, policy analysts, data analysts and staff who bring federal and local healthcare fraud convictions experience, law enforcement backgrounds, and civil/administrative recoveries expertise. Our clear vision and ability to deliver results has made CGI the partner of choice for initiatives focused on:
- Driving transparency
- Connecting patients, providers and payers
- Fighting fraud, eliminating waste and preventing abuse
- Advancing interoperability and electronic health record (EHR) data exchange
- Linking public health and clinical data
Our health solutions deliver measurable results and meaningful impact:
- CGI’s ProperPay for comprehensive claims auditing and fraud and abuse detection has helped Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payers recover more than $2.8 billion in lost payments due to improper claims.
- CGI built and supports the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) “Open Payments” national physician transparency program, publishing 28 million records and representing $15.7 billion in payments and other transfers of value in 2016.
- For 15 years, CGI has partnered with CMS to facilitate the digital delivery of health information and improve the citizen experience through the development, modernization and maintenance of Medicare.gov, CMS.gov and MyMedicare.gov, improving information access for over 55 million Medicare beneficiaries.
- CGI has had a lead role in developing a Health Level Seven International (HL7) national standard for public health case reporting and the national standard to send information back to clinical care from public health.
- Working with the Office of the National Coordinator’s Federal Health Architecture (FHA), CGI developed CONNECT – the government’s most widely adopted open-source gateway for the secure exchange of health information.