As one of the largest wind power generation companies in Brazil, Queiroz Galvão Energia (QGE) is at the forefront of the country’s commitment to renewable energy. QGE was looking for a solution that would simplify the management and control of its wind power assets spread across Brazil, to enable it to continue to expand production and improve operational efficiency.
What QGE was looking for
To keep pace with its expanding wind portfolio and improve operational efficiency, QGE wanted a single, powerful platform to manage its entire wind power portfolio and to control all the wind turbines remotely. The company wanted a solution that offered them better efficiency, a real-time view of the operational performance of assets, and the ability to collect and consolidate data from the turbines as well as automatically generate daily reports.
QGE chose to implement CGI’s Renewables Management System (RMS), a comprehensive solution for the real-time monitoring, control and maintenance of renewable power plants. RMS also provided the added feature of analytics for the advanced management of operational performance. With this solution, the energy company aimed to achieve its strategic objective of operating its entire wind portfolio centrally and improving agility through automation.
With CGI’s Renewables Management System, QGE is now able to:
- Remotely control and manage close to 220 wind turbines, spread across 20 wind power plants in three states across Brazil
- Access wind performance information via web and mobile platforms
- Gain rich data insight to improve operational efficiency
- Reduce downtime and maintenance costs
- Lower operational costs
- Enhance energy production
- Automate the generation of reports
- Customize information for faster decision making