Awards and rankings
Striving to be the best
At CGI, our goal is not to be the biggest but to be the best in our industry. We are committed to listening to our clients and responding to their needs with innovative solutions delivered with the highest level of service and quality. This commitment has led not only to consistently high client satisfaction rates, but also to industry recognition—highlights of which are shared below.
CGI ranks 19th among the Top 25 Enterprise Companies in FinTech.
CGI is the 20th most valuable brand in Canada on the Top 100 Canadian Brands list 2017 compiled by Brand Finance Canada.
- CGI ranks 3rd among the Top 250 Canadian Technology Companies encompassing four major categories: Software, IT Professional Services, ICT Hardware and Infrastructure and Service Providers.
- CGI ranks 1st among the Top 25 Canadian ICT Professional Services Companies.
Brendan Wood International has named CGI as a Technology, Media and Telecommunications TopGun in Canada, a distinction shared only by 27 other Canadian companies based on the company’s performance on the complex array of investor confidence metrics which underpin investor commitments to their holdings.
- CGI received an XCelent Functionality Award for the leading Advanced Functionality score for its Ratabase Solution, Celent’s North American Rating Engines: Property & Casualty ABCD Vendor View, 2016
- CGI received an XCelent Customer Base Award for the leading Customer Base score for its Ratabase Solution, Celent’s North American Rating Engines: Property & Casualty ABCD Vendor View, 2016
- CGI received an XCelent Service Award for the leading Depth of Service score for its Ratabase Solution, Celent’s North American Rating Engines: Property & Casualty ABCD Vendor View, 2016
CGI received two Center for Digital Government “Best Fit Integrator” awards for engagements with the City of Los Angeles and the Kentucky Department of Revenue. The awards program is driven by nominations from public sector agencies and recognizes vendors that successfully tailor solutions to fit the unique needs of government.
CGI is positioned in the ‘Major Contender’ quadrant – Service Provider Landscape with PEAK Matrix™ Assessment 2015 for:
- Financial services:
- IT Outsourcing in Capital Markets
- IT Outsourcing in European Capital Markets
- IT Outsourcing in Banking
- Mobility Services in Global Banking
- IT Outsourcing in Insurance
- Mobility Services in Global Insurance
- IT Outsourcing in European Life Sciences Industry
- IT Outsourcing in Life Sciences Industry*
- IT Outsourcing in Payer Industry
- Life Sciences Digital IT Services
- Life Sciences Big Data and Analytics IT Services
- Payer Big Data and Analytics IT Services
- Payer Digital IT Services
- Infrastructure Services
- Private Cloud Enablement Services
- IT Security Services
CGI is positioned in the ‘Leader’ quadrant – Service Provider Landscape with PEAK Matrix™ Assessment 2015 for:
- Financial Services - IT Outsourcing in European Banking
- Health - IT Outsourcing in the Provider Industry*
*CGI also classified as a ‘Star Performer’ of 2015
CGI has been rated as a ‘STAR performer’ within the Major Contender category - Life Sciences ITO PEAK Matrix 2015
Out of Canada's top 500 largest companies, CGI ranks 46th in revenue.
CGI is pleased to be a member of the FTSE4Good Index Series, which measures the performance of companies that meet globally-recognized corporate responsibility standards and facilitates investment in those companies.
CGI is positioned in the ‘Challengers’ Quadrant of Gartner’s:
- Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services, Worldwide, 2015
CGI is positioned in the ‘Niche Players’ Quadrant of Gartner’s:
- Magic Quadrant for Data Center Outsourcing & Infrastructure Utility Services, 2016 – Europe
- Magic Quadrant for Data Center Outsourcing & Infrastructure Utility Services, 2016 – North America
- Magic Quadrant for End User Outsourcing Services, 2015 – Europe
- Magic Quadrant for End User Outsourcing Services, 2015 – North America
- Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics Services, Worldwide, 2015
- Magic Quadrant for Oracle Application Management Services, Worldwide 2015
- Magic Quadrant for IT Services for Communications Service Providers, Worldwide, 2016
- Magic Quadrant for Energy and Utilities Enterprise Asset Management Software, 2015
CGI is identified as a ‘Major Player’ in the:
- IDC MarketScape: U.S. System Integrators Serving in the U.S. Federal Government 2016 Vendor Assessment. Doc #US41687116, August 2016
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cloud Professional Services 2016 Vendor Assessment. Doc #US40149616, April 2016
- IDC MarketScape: Canada Enterprise Application Testing Services 2016 Vendor Assessment. Doc #CA40645416, April 2016
- IDC MarketScape: Canada Mobile Application Testing Services 2016 Vendor Assessment. Doc #CA40645516, April 2016
- IDC MarketScape: Meter Data Management Software for Emea Utilities 2015 Vendor Assessment, Doc #EMEA40706815, December 2015
- IDC MarketScape: Canadian Hybrid Cloud Services 2015 Vendor Assessment. Doc #CA10SSC15, November 2015
CGI ranked as a ‘Leader” on The 2016 Global Outsourcing 100® giving CGI ‘Sustained Excellence’ status for having made the GO100 list for the last 5 consecutive years. In addition, CGI is listed as Top Company for:
- Customer References
- Awards & Certifications
- Programs for Innovation
- Programs for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Overall Revenue as Leader
- Number of Employees as Leader
IR Magazine awarded CGI 1st place in the ‘Best in sector: Technology’ category in Canada. The awards are held annually in geographies across the globe, and acknowledge organizations that are seen as exemplars in the investor relations (IR) field. Overall, CGI ranked 19 out of 168 companies included in the Investor Perception Study – Canada 2017.
CGI ranks 18th among the 500 largest companies in Quebec based on number of employees, total assets, revenue and net income.
CGI received the 2014 Microsoft Intelligent Systems Partner of the Year Award for our innovative Internet of Things (IoT) solution that delivers significant client benefits
CGI ranks 13th among Canada’s Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders.
CGI has been certified a Top Employer 2017 in nine countries, including Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK, by the Top Employers Institute. In addition, we have been certified as a Top Employer Europe for 2017. This prestigious certification recognizes CGI’s commitment to providing exceptional employee conditions, talent development and HR leadership.
CGI ranked 29th in the “2015 Washington Technology Top 100: an annual rankings track the largest government contractors”.