In responding to climate change, every action matters. Like organizations worldwide, we continue to seek ways to increase our contributions as we progress in our efforts to protect the planet.
reduction of CO2e* emissions from 2019
(46.9% in 2022)
of total energy from renewable sources
(35.6% in 2022)
100% renewable electricity in all our data centers by 2023
renewable electricity in all our data centers
* CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalents) is a unit that makes it possible to compare the climate effects of different types of GHGs by expressing the emissions as equivalent to carbon dioxide.
Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
We committed under the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) to set a near-term target by 2025 at the latest. As our new Climate Roadmap evolves, we will integrate net-zero objectives aligned with the Paris Agreement’s 1.5°C goal while maintaining our reduction trajectory on Scopes 1, 2, and 3 under the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol.
Find us on the SBTi website
We integrate environmental responsibility into how we conduct business, manage our operations, and support ecosystems in the communities in which we live and work. We demonstrate our commitment by conducting our activities responsibly and applying environmental best practices throughout our operations. This mainly involves our office operations, data center activities, procurement of IT assets, and business travel.
Our climate strategy includes the following:
- Resource Management
- Follow the three Rs (reduce, reuse, and recycle) targeting e-waste
- Complete ISO 14001 certification of locations
- Use eco-efficient cooling to reduce data center water consumption
- Shift data centers and offices to renewable energy based on availability
- Reduce energy consumption
- Reduce car fleet and transition to electric vehicles
- Reduce emissions impact of air travel
- Reduce emissions impact of commuting
- Supply chain
- Help reduce the carbon impact of our supply chain
- Promote circular economy principles
- Stakeholder collaboration
- Develop CGI Partners* awareness, engagement and empowerment
- Support and collaborate with our clients on environmental objectives
- Pursue activities with communities and organizations
Raising climate awareness across our global operations
We encourage our consultants and professionals worldwide to understand our board-driven environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives and, through their actions, contribute to fighting climate change at work and at home.
In 2023, we organized multiple activities across our geographies to inform, train, and motivate CGI Partners* to act on climate change.
We believe innovation must be pursued in a responsible manner. We help our clients develop strong innovation capabilities, master emerging technologies, and move from proof-of-concept to enterprise implementation. This includes minimizing the ESG impacts of adopting new technology, practices, and business models.
Explore our Responsible innovation page
* CGI Partner is a designation that expresses our unique culture of ownership and applies to our consultants and professionals in every role and every title within the company.