We believe strongly that health and well-being are critical to the success of our professionals and of our organization. As we adapt to new ways of working and new challenges in our lives, supporting our professionals’ mental health and well-being remains a key priority.
As part of our commitment, we have invested in a range of global and local programs, services and tools to help our professionals. For instance:
- Mental Health Champions network provides peer-to-peer mental health support and encourages a culture of openness around mental health. The network consists of volunteers across our operations in the U.S., UK, Canada, India and the Philippines who are trained to support their colleagues. From 300 mental health champions at the end of 2020, we grew to nearly 500 as of April 2021 and continue to expand the network across geographies.
- Mental health awareness training enables our professionals to detect and recognize early signs of mental health challenges in peers, engage in empathic dialogue and refer them to available support and resources, including professional mental health experts.
- Well-being around the world is a special initiative launched during the pandemic to encourage our professionals to share their inspiring stories about making changes to lead healthier and more balanced lives.
In addition, our professionals also benefit from Oxygen, our worldwide health and well-being center of expertise. Backed by an internal multidisciplinary team, it is at the forefront of best practices in health and well-being in the workplace and uses proven strategies to meet the needs and interests of our professionals.
Some of the resources available to our professionals include:
- Oxygen portal – an interactive platform that provides a range of services, tools and information to help our professionals focus on their health and well-being.
- Member Assistance Program – an initiative that provides our professionals and their family with 24/7, confidential and culturally relevant counseling, information and qualified referrals to support personal and professional challenges.
“The physical and mental health of our professionals is paramount to our collective success. Our approach to health and well-being has a positive impact for our CGI members during these difficult times. That’s why we prioritize it at all levels, from discussions with the Board down to conversations with our members about how the tools and programs we offer can best meet their needs.”
Co-Chair of the Board, Executive Vice-President, Strategic Planning and Corporate Development