While companies are under pressure to increase competitiveness and governments to improve service delivery through newer technologies, most are not in a position to abandon their existing legacy applications. Legacy applications are essential to their operations and represent millions of dollars in investment. At the same time, however, legacy applications are costly to maintain and often lack the flexibility to meet changing market demands.
CGI understands the need for organizations to make the most of their legacy systems while taking advantage of newer technologies. Through legacy application modernization services, we work with clients to transform, rather than replace, their existing applications to reduce their cost of ownership and fulfill their strategic objectives.
Benefits of legacy application modernization
Legacy application modernization enables companies to achieve the advantages of new development without the cost and risk of replacing their legacy systems. Benefits clients have gained through CGI’s legacy application modernization services include the following:
- Reduced mainframe platform costs
- Preserved legacy business rules
- Expanded network of technology resources, eliminating dependencies on “champion” legacy resources
- Leveraged new technology without starting from scratch
- Enhanced use and value of existing IT assets
- Improved performance and reliability
- Achieved strategic advantage, including shorter time-to-market for new products and services, improved customer service and expansion into new markets
Features of CGI’s legacy application modernization services
We have decades of experience in transforming legacy applications of large organizations across the globe. Key advantages of our legacy application modernization services include the following:
- Proven modernization strategies, methodologies, techniques and tools
- Comprehensive global delivery model designed to shorten delivery timeframes and reduce costs
- Highly-skilled experts with significant experience in overseeing large-scale application modernization projects
- Wide range of modernization options and approaches
- Access to a wide partner network and full objectivity in recommending partners and technologies
- Network and access to experts in your specific business, technical and functional domains
- Benefit from CGI’s quality assurance and testing center of excellence
- 24x7 service and support
Complementary legacy application documentation services
CGI’s legacy application modernization offerings include a specialized Legacy Application Documentation (LAD) service designed to define and document the workflows of legacy applications in the absence of available subject matter experts and provide recommendations in terms of maintenance, rationalization and migration.