CGI to provide support for UK Ministry of Defence Cryptography Management SystemLondon, United Kingdom, 21 July 2016 - CGI has been awarded a two year contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) to provide ongoing support and post design services for the CODES Communications Security (COMSEC) asset management system
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) has been driving IT transformation to deliver improved efficiency, agility and user experience. The Defence as a Platform (DaaP) concept will deliver a step change improvement in services which enable an end-to-end information chain which will improve business efficiency and provide a flexible response to warfare in the information age.
- Founding member of ATLAS delivering the Defence Information Infrastructure (DII) programme since 2005 providing applications management services and security assurance services. We are now delivering the New Style of IT programme to improve productivity and the user experience with a single information environment at base and when deployed, helping to improve the capability at the frontline.
- Provides a crypto key management system for the MOD.
- Provides IT infrastructure, managed applications, digital transformation and secure applications hosting. For example , the Foundation Application Hosting Environment (FAHE) which is the largest Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) contract procured to date by the MOD through the G-Cloud framework.
- CGI has enabled the MOD to report on Defence Supply Chain Operations and Movements compliance with complex HMRC regulations and in the management of other aspects of asset tracking (incl. ITAR compliance and Obsolescence Management). These Management Information solutions were developed for the Waterguard programme.
- Helps defence organisations exploit commercially proven technologies for analytics, secure mobility, secure cloud services and the Internet of Things.
- Uses an advisory approach working with military organisations to deliver Information Enabled Capability through digital transformation to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Provides military space solutions including support to Skynet 5 which provides secure communications allowing informed decision making at bases, on ships and on the battlefield.
- Many of our services are available on G-cloud.