People are at the heart of Defence, both in the UK Armed forces, the Civil Service, our Allies and the industrial companies that support the sector.
The UK Government needs a range of secure corporate services underpinned by protective measures to counter potential internal or external threats to the UK. Ensuring only the right people can access sensitive information is vital to our national security.
- CGI has enabled the MOD to report on Defence Supply Chain Operations and Movements compliance with complex HMRC regulations and in the management of other aspects of asset tracking (incl. ITAR compliance and Obsolescence Management). These Management Information solutions were developed for the Waterguard programme in compliance with relevant Defence (JSP 604 and 440) and Government (GDS) standards.
- We have delivered the security vetting system for the Ministry of Defence since 2011. We are developing a single pan-government National Security Vetting Solution supporting the UK Government’s digital strategy. It will provide a better user experience and be accessible via multiple mobile devices. It will be used to conduct up to 200,000 security clearance applications each year.
- We have developed the NATO Document Handling System which over 25,000 NATO staff in 14 countries utilise on a daily basis.
- Our services are hosted at our secure data centre and supported by our 5 star accredited service desk.
- We employ our UK Cyber Security Operations Centre (SOC) to monitor and protect against cyber security threats, part of our global SOC network