"In the third quarter of fiscal 2022, we continued delivering on our build & buy profitable growth strategy with double digit increases year-over-year in both revenue and EPS," said George D. Schindler, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We are well structured through our portfolio of services and strong balance sheet to help our clients navigate the current economic environment while continuing to drive the growth and profitability of our business."
Q3-F2022 performance highlights
- Revenue of $3.26 billion, up 7.9% year-over-year or 11.5% year-over-year in constant currency;
- Adjusted EBIT of $519.9 million, up 9.0% year-over-year;
- Adjusted EBIT margin improved by 20 basis points year-over-year to 16.0%;
- Net earnings of $364.3 million, for a margin of 11.2%, consistent year-over-year;
- Diluted EPS of $1.51, up 11.0% year-over-year;
- Net earnings excluding specific items* of $371.2 million, for a margin of 11.4%, up 20 basis points year-over-year;
- Diluted EPS excluding specific items* of $1.54, up 13.2% year-over-year;
- Cash from operating activities of $419.2 million, representing 12.9% of revenue;
- Bookings of $3.41 billion, for a book-to-bill ratio of 104.7%; and
- Backlog of $23.24 billion or 1.8x annual revenue.
*Specific items in Q3-F2022 include: $6.9 million in acquisition-related and integration costs, net of tax; Specific items in Q3-F2021 include: $0.5 million in acquisition-related and integration costs, net of tax.
Note: All figures in Canadian dollars. Q3-F2022 MD&A, interim condensed consolidated financial statements and accompanying notes can be found at cgi.com/investors and have been filed with both SEDAR in Canada and EDGAR in the U.S.