April 14, 2023
CGI will showcase powerful new workflows for news and radio broadcast as well as smart data management solutions at the NAB Show 2023 in Las Vegas,, Nevada, April 16-19 (booth #W1849).
CGI is a leading newsroom and radio system provider in Europe and one of the largest business and IT consulting companies in the world. Leveraging this position, the company is using decades of experience at the forefront of the digital broadcast revolution to bring the latest tools to market that can help solve the critical challenges being faced by news professionals across the globe as well as using expertise to offer innovative solutions to the wider broadcast community. New solutions being shown for the first time at NAB include:
- OpenMedia Metrics: a powerful but lightweight Windows-based monitoring solution that enables OpenMedia administrators to visualize the health of their OM newsroom system in real time via multiple dashboards.
- OpenMedia Insights: a business intelligence solution based on OpenMedia search profiles that provides department heads with powerful insight into the operation of their newsroom teams via user configurable dashboards.
- dira Dimension: a web-based, Cloud-native radio production suite, comes with an integrated workflow engine which allows to tailor the dira workflows exactly to the needs of your organisation. This also includes interactions with AI, like sending material for automated transcription or making use of text to speech components.
- Advanced AdTech solution: a comprehensive solution that plugs seamlessly into the existing AdTech ecosystem and provides a powerful way to directly connect broadcasters and advertisers together without continually having to use agencies as an intermediary.
- Crew Management solution: a powerful new tool that helps media companies organize their personnel rosters for sports and live events coverage. It provides detailed budgeting, planning, and forecasting for all events from small-scale one-offs to Olympic level multi-week global tournaments.
- 360 Audience Profiling: an advanced audience profiling tool that uses AI to further segment audiences using existing first-party datasets, its deep level analysis providing increasingly granular data suitable for a number of purposes including targeted advertising, improved content recommendations, and more.
All CGI newsroom and radio solutions benefit from the ongoing and seamless integration of a variety of best in class third-party tools, such as Microsoft Teams in OpenMedia. The increasing integration of AI-enabled support also enables the acceleration of workflows, allowing users to send content for automated transcription and text to speech.
“We are delighted to be arriving at the hundredth NAB Show with such an innovative line up of new solutions and look forward to helping NAB celebrate its centenary,” comments Michael Pfitzner, VP Newsroom Solutions at CGI. “The world’s newsrooms have changed enormously in the past ten years alone, never mind the past 100, and with further accelerating change still to come as story-centric workflows become the norm and AI impacts most areas of the business, we are committed to helping our customers meet the challenges ahead.”
The most recent updates and improvements to CGI’s established range will also be presented. These include the redesigned story-centric news planning tool, OpenMedia NewsBoard and the latest version of the OpenMedia ReporterApp. CGI will also be showcasing updates for the dira Onair Player, the all-in-one command center for modern radio studios, such as a built-in crossfade editor, voice track editor and jingle management tools.
“By offering increasing AI-powered support and continuing to optimize the remote workflow experience that first went mainstream during the pandemic, we are proud to help ensure it maintains its position at the heart of the broadcast ecosystem for the decades to come.” comments Michael Thielen, VP Radio Solutions at CGI.