Notice for California Consumers
Effective: January 1, 2020
This notice describes the rights of California Consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA requires businesses like CGI to provide information on certain topics:
- Selling of Personal Information (CGI does not sell your personal information)
- Consumer Rights under CCPA
- Categories of Personal Information Collected and sources of that information
- Categories of Personal Information we share for business purposes
- Exercising your Rights
1. We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
CCPA requires disclosure of whether we sell your personal information. CGI does not sell your personal information.
2. Consumer Rights under CCPA
The CCPA provides California Consumers certain rights:
2.1 Right to Request Information
Under CCPA, as a California Consumer, you (or your authorized agent) have the right to request a copy of your personal information that is known to CGI. You can request that we disclose the purpose for the categories or specific pieces of personal information Collected, the Categories of sources from where that information is Collected, the purpose for Collecting the information, and the categories of Third Parties with whom we shared it over the past 12 months.
2.2 Right to Delete Personal Information
California Consumers can request that CGI deletes your personal information. You can request that we delete all or specific information and we will process your request unless an exception applies. Possible exceptions may include when the information is necessary to complete a transaction or contract for which it was Collected or when it is being used to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, comply with laws, identify and repair bugs, or ensure another consumer’s ability to exercise their free speech rights or other rights provided by law.
2.3 Right to Opt out of Sales
CGI does not sell your information, so we do not offer an opt-out.
2.4 Right to Notification
Under CCPA, CGI cannot Collect new categories of personal information or use them for materially new purposes without first notifying you.
2.5 Nondiscrimination for Exercising your Rights
The CCPA prohibits businesses from discriminating against you for exercising your rights under the law. Such discrimination may include denying services, charging different prices or rates for services, providing a different level or quality of services, or suggesting that you will receive a different level or quality of goods or services as a result of exercising your rights.
3. Categories of Personal Information Collected
CCPA Personal Information Category
Source(s) of Collected Information
(e.g., real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, SSN, or other similar identifiers)
Information you provide directly.
|Information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80
(e.g. signature, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information)
Information you provide directly.
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law
(e.g., your gender or age)
|Information you provide to us directly and inferences we make based on that information.
|Internet or other electronic network activity
(e.g. browsing history, search history, interactions with our website)
|Information you provide directly or through your interactions with our Services or website.|
|Professional or Employment-Related Information||Information you provide to us directly.|
|Education Information||Information you provide to us directly.|
|Inferences||Information you provide to us directly or through your interactions with our Services or website.|
4. Categories of Personal Information we share for Business Purposes
5. Exercising your Rights
California Consumers have the rights regarding their personal information as outlined above in Section 2 Consumer Rights under CCPA. To submit a request to exercise these rights, complete this webform or see the options listed under Contact Us and provide the following information:
- Whether you are a California resident, or are submitting the request on behalf of another California resident
- Name (Clearly pronounced and spelled)
- Contact information (Phone number or email address)
- Description of your relationship to CGI
- What Rights are being requested – indicate whether you are seeking to:
- Know what categories of personal information CGI collects
- Know how CGI uses the information collected
- Know how CGI shares the information collected
- Access or receive a copy of the personal information CGI has
- Request CGI deletes your personal information
California Consumers have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When an agent is submitting a request on behalf of a California Consumer, the information above as well as the Agent’s name and contact information should be provided.
Once your identity has been verified, along with the validity of your request, CGI will take the appropriate action in response, free of charge and without discrimination:
- In case of a Request to Know or Access your information, you will be provided the required personal data covering the twelve (12) month period preceding your request;
- In case of a Request to Delete, CGI will delete the personal data collected about you, subject to our right to maintain data for specific purposes as permitted under CCPA.
Any capitalized term used but not defined herein shall have the meaning as in the CCPA.
7. Contact Us
For any questions, contact us at email@example.com (preferred), or call 888-277-0686.