Protect information at every stage of your process
CGI Prot-On is an affordable and accessible information rights management (IRM) solution that encrypts and secures the exchange of information between organizations and their collaborators. The solution helps prevent information leaks, protect intellectual property, enable secure and controlled cloud usage, and comply with security measures and data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Available as both software as a service (SaaS) and on-premises solutions, CGI’s Prot-On delivers the following capabilities:
Once a document is protected, encryption is consistent on any type of storage media. Because only encrypted information travels over the network, your content is always secure.
Authorization and permissions can be set by the owner to determine user access. Permissions can be remotely modified to permit or restrict access, including a user’s ability to save, view, print, edit and share documents.
Monitor activity by authorized users on your protected documents and remotely modify permissions in real time.
Automatically classify documents
Identify confidential information for classification through artificial intelligence (AI) techniques and regular expression patterns, automatically secure documents based on privacy policies, and adapt to data protection regulations.
Protect your data while remaining flexible
- Protect files in a range of formats including PDF, MS Office, AutoCAD, images, videos, audio and text.
- Access the solution from any device including Windows and Mac OS, as well as smartphones and tablets with iOS and Android.
- Integrate with other platforms and securely share files through the cloud via Dropbox, Google Drive, ownCloud and SharePoint.
- Implement classification levels for your information, decide whether encryption is required, and apply policy permissions.
- Add two-factor authentication (2FA) to access CGI’s Prot-On accounts and documents.
- Set data loss prevention (DLP) rules to force classification of Microsoft documents or Microsoft Outlook emails.
- Digitally seal all versions of protected files as proof of activity, control of information integrity and removal of permissions from obsolete versions. • Integrate alerts about unusual behavior through syslog with your SIEM platforms.