- CGI and Dell will build and deliver solutions focused on managed virtual desktop integration (VDI), business analytics and enterprise access management.
- Global alliance will leverage industry-leading software and business solutions from both companies to improve customer efficiency, security and business processes
CGI and Dell today announced a joint initiative to offer services and solutions specifically tailored to improve enterprise efficiency, security and business processes. These offerings are the initial solutions of a planned multi-year relationship between the two companies that will focus on solving some of the most critical technology challenges that enterprise and public sector clients face today.
As global IT leaders, CGI and Dell will combine their strengths to deliver new enterprise-grade, cloud-based business solutions for clients in finance, healthcare, government and manufacturing. As a result of this new global alliance, CGI and Dell will design and build a comprehensive portfolio of solutions in the following areas:
- Managed VDI: Designed to lower the cost of desktop environments for large organizations while improving access management and enabling multi-device, mobile workforces, this turnkey solution will give end users the ability to securely access corporate data and applications from anywhere on any device delivered from CGI’s secure cloud environments or from a client’s data center.
- Business analytics: As clients depend more and more on the ability to extract business insights from a multitude of data sources, CGI and Dell will offer predictive analytics capabilities to unlock the value of data for organizations in finance, healthcare, government and manufacturing. Drawn from CGI’s industry-specific business solutions for mission-critical functions and Dell’s business intelligence and analytics tools, this solution offers clients a competitive advantage by enabling them to make more informed decisions and work more productively through a cloud-based delivery model.
- Enterprise access management: This joint managed security solution is designed to dramatically improve the ability of enterprises to provide access to large, variable-user populations while also protecting their assets and information.
“In working with a technology leader like Dell, CGI adds value for our clients and increases the power of our own portfolio of end-to-end solutions,” said Doug McCuaig, Executive Vice President, CGI. “This alliance will benefit our clients across our targeted industries in our global markets.”
“Dell is rapidly developing and working with world-class IT services providers like CGI to offer customers industry and application-specific IT solutions,” said Cheryl Cook, Vice President and General Manager of Channel and Alliances, Dell. “This important relationship with CGI will help our joint customers in the finance, healthcare, government and manufacturing industries more quickly extract value from their IT investments, and deliver the outcomes required to grow their businesses.”
The initial joint CGI-Dell solution of Managed Virtual Desktop Integration will be available in North America and the UK in early 2015 and in additional countries around the world in the second half of 2015.
Founded in 1976, CGI Group Inc. is the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world. Approximately 68,000 professionals serve thousands of global clients from offices and delivery centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, leveraging a comprehensive portfolio of services including high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, application development and maintenance, infrastructure management as well as a wide range of proprietary solutions. With annual revenue in excess of C$10 billion and an order backlog of approximately C$19 billion, CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Website: www.cgi.com.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
For more information
Senior Vice-President, Global Communications and Investor Relations, CGI