Why is information management vital?
Information management combines the life blood of an organisation, its moving data, with complex technology and ever changing requirements. Information management underpins the move towards digital engagement with customers, supports compliance and powers new channels and user interaction.
The benefits of good information management are vast but the risks of failure are expensive and time-consuming.
Building on your current investment
Organisations face a number of challenges when it comes to defining and executing their Information Management strategy:
- With so many different technology and product choices, they don’t know what the best fit is for their business requirements or what represents the best value for money.
- There are many parts to their business, each with varying needs, and they need assistance to consolidate their requirements into a cohesive Information Management Strategy and establish a delivery roadmap.
- They are constrained by budget, time and staff - without help, it is not feasible to assess and drive their strategic vision going forwards.
What we do
The SIMA involves working closely with our clients in order to:
- Tailor our approach to meet your specific needs, budget and timescales.
- Understand their overall vision, strategic objectives and future state.
- Introduce new angles, opportunities and innovation that perhaps hadn’t been considered before.
- Evaluate and recommend suitable candidate products/technologies.
- Translate the requirements into a solution reference model and pragmatic roadmap to cost effectively deliver on the objectives.
- Drive outcomes in a short timescale, in weeks you will have all the information need, fully analysed, researched and validated, in order to drive your Information Management strategy forward.
The SIMA is designed to require low investment from our clients but deliver high impact results in a short timeframe. Assessments can range from 10 – 90 days effort, all depending on scope and complexity, over an elapsed time of 1-3 months
The information management landscape is rapidly evolving with new stakeholders driving demands for organisational manoeuvrability and persistent requirements to do more with less. In particular two factors dominate:
- New channels of communication with customers, vendors and partners require affordable and responsive lines of service and mean older platforms are no longer fit for purpose.
- The ever expanding demands of regulators and legislators driving the compliance agenda mean older ways of working are no longer appropriate
Change is required and the window of opportunity to act is now.