Each year, CGI meets face-to-face with business and IT leaders to hear their perspectives on the trends affecting their organizations. In 2017, we conducted 200 in-person interviews with banking clients—including corporate and transaction banking, retail banking and capital market organizations—to hear more about their top trends and priorities.
Client insights from corporate and transaction banking executives indicate a concentration on driving customer satisfaction and delivering value-added services. At the same time, the evolving regulatory landscape and dynamic industry standards are top trends impacting the bank’s ability to effectively respond to customer expectations in a highly competitive market.
Top 2017 trends in corporate and transaction banking
- 79% Mounting regulatory and security standards
- 66% Impact of industry standards, real-time payments and payment regulations
- 59% Highly competitive market and innovation
- 55% Evolving value chains, customer expectations and ecosystems
- 55% Technology advances and the adoption of new technology
Looking ahead, executives cite the following as top emerging trends: driving down costs to adapt to new banking economies; implementing real-time, low-cost and resilient operating platforms; and rapidly innovating in products and services, including digital services.
Investing for innovation
Corporate and transaction banking executives are investing in areas that will directly impact client services, reflecting the need to accelerate business model transformation.
Focus areas for corporate and transaction banking client innovation
- Payments modernization and technologies
- Digital insight and predictive analytics
- Agile IT development factories
- Business model innovation through technologies and partnerships
- Securing the bank and its customers
- Roadmap to standardized platforms
Discover the insight
Download additional trend information from the 2017 CGI Client Global Insights corporate and transaction banking summary, and contact us for a copy of the full report and to arrange a personal discussion with a CGI corporate and transaction banking expert for further analysis and insights.