Sm@rtering is a new generation MDM solution developed by CGI. It offers data collection, energy data management (EDM), supervision and smart grid capabilities on an integrated platform.
Sm@rtering offers a broad range of features that include the following:
- Flexible Machine to Machine Interfaces (M2M) - Sm@rtering is based on service oriented architecture (SOA). All the operations can be performed through graphical user interface (GUI) or an M2M interface.
- Interoperability – Sm@rtering presents a single interface to the end-users. It manages the two-way communications with different Smart Meter infrastructures and protocols.
- Energy Data Management - event-driven Validation and Estimation Engine (VEE) –Sm@rtering stores and publishes all the different data types registered by smart meters, including events, load profiles, network quality data, meter configuration values, firmware and low voltage substation measurements.
- Supervision and control – ITIL® compliant – Utilities will require specific meter operation centers supported by tools to monitor and control the new Smart infrastructure and guarantee performance according to KPIs. Sm@rtering’s Supervision module includes functionalities and features specific to address this need, compliant with ITIL best practices.
- Smart Grid for active network management – Sm@rtering has real-time processes to analyze data and events relevant to electrical network management like confirmation of network topology and services to improve energy fault detection and repair.
Benefits of Sm@rtering include the following:
- Supports active distribution network management
- Supports the extension to use of micro generation and electric vehicle charging
- Understands customer usage patterns to manage demand and peak usage periods through demand side management mechanisms and advanced tariff plans and new services that reflect customer usage
- Improves customer service and operational savings through increased efficiencies (including the network planning, maintenance and operation)
- Reduces cost-to-serve for utilities by decreasing non-technical losses, customer complaints and customer debt
To learn more, contact us.