CGI CarnotSatThe CGI CarnotSat toolset allows satellite and network operators to evaluate and design hybrid networks, optimising for cost and performance against emerging use cases.
The CGI Space Story InfographicCGI is very proud of the role we’ve had in the space industry’s success. Take a whirlwind history lesson on advances in space and our role in making them a success.
Satellite communications (satcoms) face steep competition from terrestrial communications solutions. As fixed networks, such as cable and wireless networks cover more of the globe, satcoms operators need to continually innovate and improve. A key challenge they face today is to understand the distinct role satcoms have to play as part of an integrated communications solution comprising fixed, wireless and satellite, particularly with the launch of 5G networks whilst continuing to leverage the unique capabilities that Satcom can bring to remote locations and user communities such as aviation, maritime, military and government users.
CGI help satellite communications operators and service providers in 4 key areas:
- Key Areas of Provision
- We supply solutions and systems to support the seamless transition between terrestrial and satellite networks.
- We design and deliver a variety of network and capacity management systems, secure terrestrial gateways and specialist safety and security critical support systems.
- We provide consultancy based on our deep heritage with downstream users of satellite communications (such as emergency services, government, defence, transport, utilities, media, oil and gas and finance) to help satcoms operators develop new strategies, services and value propositions into these markets.
- We help satcoms operators with their business IT so that can operate efficiently and effectively to stay competitive and cost effective, for example through advanced billing systems, business support, outsourcing and integration with ERP systems.
- We can help plan and deliver mega satellite constellations.
- We bring together fixed and satellite planning for 5G roll-outs.
To all these areas we bring our extensive security and safety systems expertise. Our clients include some of the world’s leading satellite operators, service providers and satellite communications users supporting programmes such as Skynet 5, Iris Precursor, Inmarsat BGAN and GovSatCom.