CGI GeoData360CGI GeoData360 is designed for long running, large scale production pipelines as a Platform-as-a-Service. It supports deep customisation and extension, enabling production workflows that consume EO and Geo data (to produce valuable business information) to run cost efficiently at scale. ...
Earth Observation data is fundamental to tackling many of today’s issues relating to climate change and understanding the Earth’s natural resources better. Data acquired from satellites can be used to monitor things like coastal erosion, atmospheric chemistry and land usage. Users of such data are extremely diverse - from scientists to governments, meteorologists, forecasters, insurers, geologists, urban and transport planners, and defence - to name a few.
So how do we take the huge quantities of raw satellite data and turn it into meaningful, actionable insight? Satellite data is rarely used in isolation; it is typically blended with terrestrial data, which provides further challenges in terms of calibrating and combining different data sources to give an accurate picture.
This is where CGI can help. We have one of the largest industrial groups in Europe specialising in data processing and developing data-enabled services. We help turn Earth Observation data into information you can trust and act upon.
Integrating our expertise in optical, spectral and radar data with machine learning and GIS, we can tailor a wide range of services and consultancy to your requirements, enabling you to add value to your processes with the remotely collected information:-
- Analytics and Machine Learning
Applying traditional methods and leveraging CGI' experience in Machine Learning, we can solve problems of detection and perform signature analysis to provide information such as the revelation of patterns of life and to map changes.
- Remote Monitoring
Using the regularity of the EO satellite acquisitions we provide remote monitoring of infrastructure and environment to provide information about changes including ground displacement.
- GIS and Geographic
Content Management System EO derived analysis can be integrated into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to aid interpretation and add value in decision-making processes.
- Data Processing and Management
We can deliver scalable cloud-based or on-site solutions that automate the entire data download, processing, delivery, and archive cycle. In processing, we fuse information gained from the exploitation of SAR and optical data to provide the best solution.
CGI has developed space-enabled applications for health, transport, public sector, farming, maritime, oil and gas, trading, finance, insurance.
Why not contact us to find out what space could do for you?
- More on our track record
- Provides end-to-end EO ground system solutions that work 24x7 developing applications and services to exploit EO data .
- Ensures Earth observation data is secure and trustworthy providing consultancy on end-user requirements - how to address them commercially, technically, organisationally and legally.
- Our clients in Earth Observation include EUMETSAT, ECMWF, the European Space Agency (ESA) and specifically ESRIN, ESA’s Earth observation facility, and several meteorological agencies.
- Many of the programmes we undertake involve increasing uptake among end users. For example, we led the ESA GlobWave project, which improved the uptake of satellite-derived wind-wave and swell data in the scientific, operational and commercial user communities. This was done via a single user-friendly web portal for ocean wave information.
- We’re leading ESA’s Storm Surge project as well, which will facilitate the uptake of Earth observation data among the global user community.
- We’re also working with leading insurers to explore the use of Earth observation data to support the insurance industry. Satellite imagery helps them assess risk and damage caused by events such as hurricanes, floods, storms and fires. They are now able to make ‘before and after’ comparisons to help verify the authenticity of insurance claims.