CGI is committed to protecting the environment through responsible operating practices throughout all aspects of our operations:
Our sustainability programme includes:
- Implementing waste management practices that promote reductions and recycling, including re-use, where appropriate. When waste is unavoidable, we ensure it is disposed of properly
- Reducing and preventing pollution through energy, waste and resource management best practices
- Minimising travel or promoting alternative commuting options
- Communicating our environmental policy, practices and progress to all stakeholders
- As a socially responsible organisation, CGI works with our suppliers to ensure they meet high standards regarding human rights, the environment and employment issues
CGI UK’s recognises the importance of the climate crisis and the role businesses play, our “No Planet B” initiative engage our staff members on our journey to reduce our environmental impact and to facilitate their contribution towards meeting our environmental objectives.
In the winter of 2019 we planted 5,500 trees – one for every member – at the Scottish borders, whilst also giving 2,500 trees to our staff members to donate to their local communities. Running this initiative again, our members have nominated schools, care homes, nature reserves and community bubbles to plant another 2000 trees across the UK this year.