Space-based systems provide communication and positioning technologies in remote areas and for people and goods on the move – on ships and planes, in disaster areas, in deserts and on mountains and in rural areas of the developed world without terrestrial communication.
Satellites support armed forces in remote places, enabling command and control, delivering information services, and navigating with pinpoint precision. They bring television to homes across the globe and are central to the search for life on other planets and for the origins of the universe.
Space systems are increasingly sophisticated and rely on software-based intelligence to ensure success. The software must work first time and be:
- Secure, despite the broadcast nature of satellite communication.
- Able to cope with complex technical operations, such as satellite control, earth imaging, significant data processing, radio propagation and orbital mechanics.
- Ultra-reliable – once launched, satellites have to work un-maintained for ten years or more.
- Delivered on time, eliminating the risk of costly launch delays.
Serving the space industry
We develop and implement secure, cutting-edge space systems:
- Monitor and control systems
- Satellite applications and services
- Business management systems
- Telecoms and broadcasting systems
- Ground segment prime contractor
Our people bring years of specialist knowledge and experience to space projects coupled with technical and security excellence in IT system development and integration and a proven track record in outsourcing provision. We can help create a business case for investment, drawing on our market and technology trends knowledge and space mission concepts.