CGI (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) has established a National Advisory Board for health and care in the UK. Through the new Board, CGI will convene leaders in the public and private sectors to analyse, understand and put forward solutions that address the crucial challenges and largest issues facing the health and care industry.
Bringing the best of its global capabilities, CGI will create viable solutions for clients, improving the patient experience through people-centric technology. CGI’s outcome focussed solutions and services support and advocate a human rights approach to people-centred care. This will facilitate a whole system approach to service re-design enabled by data, digitalisation and systems integration in the health and care sectors post COVID-19.
The members are:
- Derek Feeley, Chair of the Advisory Board and former President and CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and prior Director-General for Health and Social Care and Chief Executive of the NHS in Scotland;
- Professor Michael Bewick, former Deputy National Medical Director for NHS England, previous GP, Chairman of CECOPS and Professor of Digital Health, University of Central Lancashire Medical School;
- Dr Sally Lewis, former GP, Director of the Welsh Value in Health Centre (a global innovator hub for value-based healthcare at the World Economic Forum) and Honorary Professor at Swansea School of Medicine;
- Peter MacLeod, former Chief Executive of Scotland’s Care Inspectorate and current Chair of Scottish Government’s Digital Citizen Delivery Board, which he undertakes in an independent capacity; and
- John Matheson, former Finance Director for the NHS in Scotland, previous President of Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy and now holder of a number of non-executive positions across the UK and Europe.
Tara McGeehan, President of CGI in the UK and Australia, said: “We believe CGI’s National Advisory Board for health and care will create a healthy and challenging debate that we can take action on to create innovative approaches to solving complex problems, including the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, improving quality outcomes and future proofing sustainable services for citizens across the UK. Vitally, the board will allow us to unpack crucial challenges and create viable solutions for our clients by tapping into insight from individuals with unparalleled industry expertise. At CGI, we do complex things well, and we’re fully aware that nowhere is this approach more important than in the health and care sector, where lives and wellbeing are at stake.”
Derek Feeley, Chair of the Board, added: "The members of this board have dedicated their lives and careers to the health and care sector. This new initiative will see us combining our knowledge and resources to create real change. We look forward to partnering with people working in the sector to improve the lives and the quality of care for patients, clients and communities."
The board is an investment by CGI in its search for better, more reliable and more impactful insight to meet the increasing needs of the NHS. Not only will it look to find solutions and provide advice on the largest challenges facing the health and care sector, it will also explore how the industry can become more sustainable through improvement and digital services.
CGI is dedicated to working with clients to understand their immediate and strategic challenges, as well as the opportunities ahead as the health and care sector undergoes the most significant and challenging time in its history. Radically improving ways of working is essential, whilst a focus on outcomes and financial sustainability are priorities.
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest independent IT and business consulting services firms in the world. With 84,000 consultants and professionals across the globe, CGI delivers an end-to-end portfolio of capabilities, from strategic IT and business consulting to systems integration, managed IT and business process services and intellectual property solutions. CGI works with clients through a local relationship model complemented by a global delivery network that helps clients digitally transform their organizations and accelerate results. CGI Fiscal 2021 reported revenue is $12.13 billion and CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Learn more at cgi.com.
For more information:
External Communications Manager
+44 (0)7920 784199