Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is the foundation of our culture, embedded in our DNA from our common Dream to our core value of Respect.
We recognise the richness that diversity brings to the company and we strive to create an inclusive working environment, building strong relationships and supporting each other to achieve our potential.
Our Leaders, members and D&I Council all champion initiatives to encourage D&I as a CGI way of life including;
- Providing 16 weeks paid parental leave for the primary care giver (gender neutral), in addition to any government funded parental leave.
- Having removed and continually monitor the gender pay gap between like for like roles across the Australian business.
- Being endorsed by Work180, an advocate for working women who provide a directory of endorsed employers who support D&I and equality
- ‘Bring Your Whole Self to Work’ – a program which includes a series of events around Pride, Harmony Day and International Women’s day – focusing on educating, promoting and celebrating our unique differences.
- Delivering an annual DE&I calendar actively promoting different cultural celebrations.
- Partnering with numerous organisations to promote and drive young women into technology and STEM, as well as providing our members with mentoring and networking opportunities, such as sponsoring or being a member of Females in Information Technology & Telecommunications (FitT) and Women in Technology
- Increasing the number of part-time positions available to make work more accessible to those with caregiving responsibilities
- Offering flexible work to all members (wherever possible) including flexible hours and hybrid working.
We believe as a company, that we should reflect society and that the best of CGI is a reflection of what our clients look like and also society looks like
Tara McGeehan – President, CGI UK and Australia
Women in tech: Better the balance, better the world
Tara McGeehan, CGI President UK and Australia explains how women have shaped and continue to shape the tech industry.