Explore the 2022 insights of 1,675 executives
The 2022 CGI Voice of Our Clients shares findings from our one-on-one interviews with 1,675 executives across the industries and geographies we serve. These strategic conversations provide a unique view into how macro and industry trends affect business and IT priorities and investment plans.
For more client insights on the impacts of macro trends, such as climate change, supply chain reconfiguration, deglobalisation, social demographics and technology acceleration, read our executive summary.
No matter the industry and its associated trends, technology is no longer an enabler, it's a business driver—and, more and more, it's becoming the business.
- Technology and digital acceleration, notably rising customer and citizen digital expectations
- Changing social demographics, including aging populations and talent shortages
- Climate change, including the energy transition and the acceleration toward decarbonisation
Top industry trends
- Becoming digital to meet customer/citizen expectations ( ↔ )
- Cyber security awareness/challenges ( ↑ )
- Customer/citizen experience (new)
Top business priorities
- Customer/citizen experience ( ↑ )
- Modernising IT applications/infrastructure ( ↑ )
- Becoming digital to meet customer/citizen expectations ( ↓ )
Top IT priorities
- Business process improvement ( ↔ )
- Modernising IT applications/infrastructure ( ↔ )
- Customer/citizen experience ( ↔ )
business and IT leader interviews over the past 5 years
data points collected
split between IT and business executives
Discover what digital leaders do to accelerate results
This year, the number of clients who say their organisation is producing expected results from digital strategies rose to 25%, up from 20% in 2021. Our analysis of this group of digital leaders reveals several common attributes: They are more agile, more closely align business and IT operations, modernise more applications, and see sustainability as core to creating future value.
- Insurance - Life & pensions | Property & casualty
- Retail - Retail, consumer goods & wholesale
- Transportation & logistics