CGI (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) has opened a new global center of excellence (COE) in Lyon, France dedicated to helping clients worldwide transform their supply chains and eco-systems through advanced digital technologies. The center’s 350 experts work closely with clients to identify and develop new digital supply chain solutions, as well as transform their business eco-systems through new digital partnership models that improve collaboration and drive innovation. CGI aims to recruit 250 experts in the next two years to reinforce the Center’s capabilities.
Based on the findings of in-depth interviews with more than 1,000 business and technology leaders in the 2016-2017 CGI Global 1000, the priority of more than 90% of manufacturing executives is to digitalize their business processes to drive performance and enhance the customer experience. CGI has identified three key challenges companies face in digitally transforming their supply chains:
- improving the collection and distribution of data to drive insight,
- using this insight to rethink their organizational models,
- integrating traditional supply chains with digital technologies to automate and transform processes.
CGI’s new center of excellence will focus on helping clients address these challenges through the following:
- Solutions for building a collaborative platform, creating a digital customer experience, ensuring end-to-end control tower decision support, improving logistics visibility and planning, and optimizing chain-of-production performance
- Discussion forums with CGI’s digital supply chain experts, giving clients the opportunity to benefit from the latest ideas, insight and recommendations for transforming their supply chains and eco-systems
- Access to a network of manufacturers, retailers and customer service companies, along with CGI’s eco-system of subject matter experts, educational thought leaders and partners for best practices based on real-world experience and emerging trends such as Industry 4.0
“We’re very proud of this new center and the supply chain innovation it will drive on behalf of our clients,” said Jean-Michel Baticle, President of CGI’s operations in France. “The region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes is a true pillar of French industry and innovation and has been a central location for CGI’s operations over the past 30 years. Today, we have 1,400 professionals in the region and a total of more than 10,000 professionals in 22 locations across France. Our new center will serve as a hub for collaboration, innovation and project development.”
CGI’s new COE in Lyon is part of an extensive global network of COEs that cover key markets and technologies. Through each COE, CGI works closely with an eco-system of clients, global operations and partners to develop leading-edge business solutions and services that drive our clients’ digitalization, performance, results and growth.
To learn more about CGI’s manufacturing offering visit cgi.com/manufacturing.
Founded in 1976, CGI Group Inc. is the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world. Approximately 70,000 professionals serve thousands of global clients from offices and delivery centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, leveraging a comprehensive portfolio of services including high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, application development and maintenance, infrastructure management as well as 150 IP-based services and solutions. With annual revenue in excess of C$10 billion and an order backlog exceeding C$20 billion, CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Website: www.cgi.com.
For more information:
Executive Vice-President, Global Communications and Investor Relations
Audrey Le Carour
Director, Communications, France
+33 1 57 87 47 02