How CGI used process digitisation and platform development methodology to transform a global gaming solutions provider’s legacy regulatory system.
Intralot is a global lottery and sports betting operator that monitors pokie machines in Victoria on behalf of the state government.
Monitoring these machines is crucial to protect gambling integrity and ensure compliance with state regulatory requirements at venues. Our partner Intralot is entrusted with the responsibility to conduct regular audits of machines to check for compliance breaches and keep a record of installations.
Historically, Intralot relied on a manual Microsoft excel based system to record booked audits, machine installations and data entry which led to a number of inefficiencies such as:
- Inefficient and time-consuming manual data entry
- Vulnerabilities to compliance breaches due to human error
- Large amounts of unstructured data due to manual processes
- Difficulty coordinating large teams across different vendors and casinos
We helped Intralot support the digitisation of manual processes and develop a new online booking portal to accurately and effectively record audits and the installation of machines.
“Our project had very specific quality requirements, strict regulator frameworks and tight deadlines. The technical delivery team execution was excellent, and they very clearly understood the end goal.”
Basu Gowda, Program Manager, Intralot
Our solution optimised their monitoring and audit processes by:
- Eliminated the need for manual data translation from vendor information into the legacy case management control system (CMCS)
- Offered a web-based portal to track data entry and audits of machines
- Enabled real time viewing of upcoming deployment activities and reports on historical data
- Automated the management of business rules about deployments
- Improved lead times for deployment activities
- Leveraged Oracle database, Amazon Web Services servers and JAVA script
- Implemented solution architecture that enabled historical record keeping of machine installations, maintenance and monitoring incidences
Digitising these processes has made it easier for Intralot to ensure machine compliance, accurate record keeping and traceability for more effective planning of future audits.
The project referenced in this case study was delivered by Unico, which CGI acquired in March 2022.