2020 CGI Client Global Insights for UtilitiesAnnually, CGI leaders around the world meet face-to-face with business and IT executives to gather their perspectives on the trends affecting their enterprises, including business and IT priorities, IT spending, budgets and investment plans. In 2020, we conducted in-person interviews ...
CGI works across the entire value chain of a utility, from production/generation and transmission and distribution operators to utility suppliers and central market operators. We focus on the end-to-end needs of our clients, providing industry-focused consulting, systems integration and managed services, accelerated by intellectual property, to help them navigate the energy transition and remain competitive.
CGI-developed software and methodologies
- CGI Central Market Solutions
- CGI’s Central Market Solutions primarily are data platforms which exchange all types of data and support market facilitation in a sector with increasing decentralized energy resources. Read more.
- CGI MaEVA - Collaborative assistance and video-assisted expertise platform
- A video-assisted remote collaboration platform that helps companies across industries, including utilities, manufacturing and oil and gas to resolve operational issues/incidents and improve teamwork. Read more
- CGI OpenGrid360 - sustainable future grid
- CGI OpenGrid360 is an innovative suite of solutions and services designed to help utility network owners and operators improve data insight and accelerate innovation to support the move to a more flexible and sustainable future grid. It supports the complete network value chain, from asset to outage management and more. Read more
- CGI EnvironmentMonitor360 - using space data to monitor waterways
- Digitizes the inspection of waterways by using satellite data to map out large areas of waterways, and then a machine-learning model to assess their status automatically. Read more
Services and Technologies
- Enabling (Emerging) Technologies
- Advanced analytics
- Agile services
- Artificial intelligence
- Augmented reality
- Cloud and hybrid IT
- Digital transformation
- Digital twin
- Emerging Technologies
- Geospatial Information System
- High performance computing
- Innovation management
- Intelligent automation
- Internet of Things
- IT/OT integration
- Video analytics
CGI Hidden City - Virtual viewing of underground water pipes or infrastructure, detecting water leakage or waste
Watch our video on transforming Kiruna, Sweden, with help from CGI’s “Hidden City” innovation
Award winning solution from MOSL and CGI (Water Industry Awards) that facilitated the Central Market Operating System for the UK non-household retail water market.
CGI Dragonfly – more than just a water monitoring system