CGI understands the demands placed on asset-intensive organisations in today’s business climate. Costs are rising, so you need to make your assets work harder. Regulation around reliability and security of services is increasing. The business is seeking integration of real-time information into other sources of corporate data.
CGI works with many of Australia’s leading asset-intensive businesses to provide Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) solutions that deliver:
- Improved asset utilisation with real-time visibility and dynamic control over operational assets
- Greater service reliability for consumers and better staff safety through remote operability of assets
- Better management of network operations to reduce costs
- Increased value of operational data through the integration of OT and IT technologies.
What we offer
CGI supplies and supports complete SCADA solutions through our own IP-based solutions designed for the Australian market and as an integrator of products from other leading SCADA vendors.
Our IP-based solutions are built upon open architectures, standard protocols and off-the-shelf third-party components to ensure long service life and easy integration with your corporate systems and networks. Where the demanding needs of our clients dictate, CGI designs and manufactures hardware to fit those specialised needs.
Our IP-based solutions include:
MOSAIC - a powerful SCADA software system that satisfies the full range of requirements for real-time data acquisition and control.
RTU – our MD range of Remote Telemetry Units (RTU) has been designed specifically to meet the demanding monitoring and control requirements of the Australian electricity market.
Substation Management System (SMS) - a robust, cost effective and full-featured system for electrical substation management.
CGI’s MOSAIC is a powerful supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system that satisfies a full range of requirements for supervisory real-time data acquisition and control. MOSAIC combines a relational database model with industry-leading history capabilities to provide a flexible, secure SCADA environment.
MOSAIC’s functionality includes the following:
- Database Management System (DBMS)– The real-time DBMS at the heart of MOSAIC provides high levels of availability along with fast response times throughout the entire SCADA network. It has powerful query capabilities and is fully scalable and distributable.
- Desktop –The Desktop is the graphic user interface to the underlying MOSAIC DBMS that provides users with full control of their MOSAIC system.
- History –MOSAIC provides a market-leading history system encompassing both data (numerical data changes) and events for storage and retrieval of historical data.
- Scalability–MOSAIC is highly scalable from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of points. Its unique infrastructure provides an incremental and inexpensive path for system expansion.
- Telemetry– MOSAIC supports industry standard telemetry protocols and contains a “generic” telemetry driver that supports a number of text-based transfer protocols.
- Redundancy– MOSAIC has virtually unlimited levels of redundancy, resulting in a high availability system that is cost-effective and scalable.
MOSAIC is designed for large distributed systems and can be fully integrated with other enterprise systems, including asset management, geographic information and historian systems to further leverage your investment.
Proven across the utilities and transport markets, MOSAIC manages some of the largest electricity and water networks in Australia.