The Bank is integrating a new global product into its Digital Omni Channel platform. The task involves working with the product team to define the product end points, and working with internal teams to integrate and enable end to end process flows. The situation required a specialist team who can design, develop and operationalise end to end process flows in an iterative manner, while coordinating with multiple stakeholders.
The CGI team constitutes an experienced agile squad to iteratively design and deliver the technical solution on a modern technology platform, including API based integration with upstream and downstream systems. The approach taken is:
- Leverage the Bank’s tailored version of Scaled Agile methodology. Delivery sprints are planned as quarterly Program Increment (PI) events with business owners as part of the Agile Release Train. The CGI squads deliver the value according to the PI objective.
- Project cost/schedules are agreed during PI events with the business owners, with flexibility for assumed variation and point velocity.
- Software development and cycle time are based on the automation toolchain with CI/CD and release on demand.
- Project teams are coordinated through a common rhythm of 2 week sprints. Sprint level tracking is used to ensure continuous, incremental value delivery.
This is a multi year initiative with the team accountable for following outcomes:
- Agile operating model to maximize cost efficiency, productivity enhancements, improved time to market, and quality
- Provide a global platform for the banks’ customers in various geographies.
- Sustained competitive edge, with a flexible solution allowing the bank to differentiate its services
- Continuous product evolution and rapid deployment to the market