CGI is cited for robust capabilities in ESG data management, ingestion, and validation
Many organizations seek to understand the real business value of sustainability and how it affects their organization. They want to create long-term stakeholder value and realize a quick return on investment (ROI). CGI helps clients advance their sustainability and ESG goals, moving from aspiration to results with quality data to make sound decisions, see new revenue possibilities and pivot rapidly to what lies ahead.
The IDC MarketScape: Worldwide ESG Program Management Services 2023-2024 Vendor Assessment assesses professional service providers participating in the program management services market. In naming CGI as a Major Player in this evaluation, the IDC MarketScape cites CGI’s ESG Program Management strengths as:
“CGI has robust capabilities in data management, ingestion, and validation. Its services portfolio shows strength in its ability to perform not only quality data analysis and insight generation but also validation and assurance, which will be necessary for future reporting mandates.”
IDC defines ESG program management services to include business consulting, change management, IT applications and implementation, and managed services that enable users to monitor, measure, plan, execute, and manage their existing ESG programs and initiatives. These services include materiality assessment, metrics/KPI development, performance measurement, Science-Based Target initiative/SASB/GRI/ISSB tracking and measurement, data ingestion/aggregation/management, risk management predictive analytics, and ESG-focused IT implementation.
CGI’s sustainability and ESG advisory services include:
- Sustainability advisory - We guide clients through the complexity of regulatory requirements, selection of the right tools, and maturity and readiness assessments to help them develop the best way forward in their strategy roadmap.
- ESG data management, sourcing & exchange - The quality of data matters. We help clients collect and govern relevant data that provide insights for automation, sourcing, gap analysis and advisory services.
- Circular business design - We help enhance innovation and business development, define the business roadmap and stakeholder architecture for the circular transition (Scope 4) and design revenue streams.
- Sustainable IT - We have developed methods by combining global principles, tools, and services to reduce growing technological impacts.
- Energy transition - As the need to accelerate the energy transition grows, we provide solutions and services to enable clean/renewable energy efficiency and on-and-off-grid solutions.
Commitment to ESG
As a global IT and business consulting services firm, we recognize the important role we play in operating as a responsible and ethical company. We’re committed to deploying our digital services and solutions responsibly and to adhering to best-practice privacy and data protection standards. Learn more about our ESG commitment.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.