Andy Schmidt is a former banker and industry analyst who currently helps drive CGI’s strategy across our financial services vertical. Andy has more than 25 years of financial services experience as a banker at Bank of America, a consultant at ...
Accelerating customer-facing transformation programs
Among digital leaders on the sell-side and buy-side, 86% say digitization has a high impact on their business models. Further, 71% are evolving their business models due to the impact of digitization, and 29% say their new models are now complete.
Key findings from our conversations with capital markets executives in 2021 follow, or download the PDF.
Top capital markets trends and priorities
- Top trend
- Sell-side: Growing use of advanced data analytics, automation and new technologies
- Buy-side: Increasing customer expectations for digital experience services
- Top business priority
- Sell-side: Accelerate customer-facing transformation programs to increase loyalty and revenue
- Buy-side: Accelerate customer-facing transformation programs to increase loyalty and revenue
- Top IT priority
- Sell-side: Simplify technology landscape and adopt new delivery models (SaaS, cloud, PaaS)
- Buy-side: Constant drive to reduce run costs through efficiency and use of suppliers to invest in change
say digitization has a high impact on their business models
say they are evolving business models in response to digitization
say digital strategies are producing results—up from 19%
Across the sell-side and buy-side, digital leaders are accelerating their digitization, with 71% evolving their business models, and 29% reporting that their new models are now complete. In addition, more executives on both the sell-side and buy-side are producing results from their digital strategies, compared to 2020 (26% in 2021 vs. 19% in 2020; 6 percentage points higher than the global average of 20%).
Executives who are producing results from their digital strategies share several common attributes that distinguish them from others who are in the earlier phases of building or launching their digital journeys. The most significant attribute is their ability to align their business and IT priorities. This year, 93% indicate close alignment of their priorities, compared to only 54% of those in the building or launching phases. Further, among those producing expected results, 100% are more sensitive to data privacy laws and regulations, compared to 90% of those in the building or launching phases.
Learn more about the attributes of digital leaders.