Our strategic conversations with executives as part of the CGI Voice of Our Clients provide a unique view into how macro and industry trends affect business and IT priorities and investment plans to stay relevant for the future.
View key findings from our conversations with 39 capital markets executives in 2022 below, or download the report.
For more insights on macro trends, including social demographics, climate change, deglobalization, technology acceleration and supply chain reconfiguration, read our summary.
Top trends and priorities
- Top macro trends
- Technology and digital acceleration, notably rising customer and citizen digital expectations
- Changing social demographics, including aging populations and talent shortages
- Climate change, including the energy transition and the acceleration toward de-carbonization
- Top industry trends
- Protecting client data through cybersecurity
- Increasing customer expectations for digital services and experiences
- Growing use of advanced data analytics, automation, and new technologies
- Top business priorities
- Protect the organization and its clients from all threats
- Demonstrate control to regulators and clients
- Accelerate client-facing transformation programs
- Top IT priorities
- Acquire, build and retain the right talent and culture
- Simplify the technology landscape and adopt new delivery models
- Ensure regulatory compliance and control
of executives are producing results from their digital strategies in 2022 (up from 26% in 2021)
say digitization has a high impact on their business models, while only 14% rate their agility in addressing this impact as high
report that their IT and business operations are highly aligned in support of their strategies
Among the 31% of capital markets executives who report achieving expected results from their digital strategies, some common attributes emerge. The table below compares responses to questions from these digital leaders to those from executives whose organizations are still building or launching digital strategies (digital entrants).
Learn more about the attributes of digital leaders.
Attributes of digital leaders compared to those building or launching digital strategies (digital entrants)
Common attributes of digital leaders
|Legacy systems remain a constraint to producing results from digital strategies||36%||54%|
|IT and business operations are highly aligned||73%||62%|
|Advanced execution of defined personal data privacy and protection strategies||63%||50%|
|Have a defined cybersecurity strategy||63%||38%|