Bringing productivity and accuracy to production accounting and regulatory reporting
Designed for production accountants by production accountants, CGI's Production Accounting Solution (PAS) was designed and is continuously evolved in collaboration with six major E&P companies in Canada incorporating collective best practices, process excellence, compliance standards and the latest technologies. With PAS, production accountants are freed from time-consuming, error-prone data entry and data conversions, enabling them to concentrate on strategic initiatives.
PAS helps production accountants save time and eliminate errors
PAS streamlines production accountants’ administrative tasks, reduces risks of errors and addresses regulatory and audit challenges, even in organizations with limited staff. It’s adaptable for evolving industry complexities and scalable for future requirements across production accounting areas, including regulatory, asset acquisitions and divestitures.
Streamlined production accounting
Production accountants are freed from time-consuming data entry and conversions allowing them to concentrate on complex allocations and strategic initiatives that deliver the most value to the business.
Faster processing of acquisition and divestitures
PAS ensures revenue, royalty and processing fee calculation accuracy, as well as government reporting at the moment assets are acquired or divested.
Automated compliance reporting
PAS efficiently meets evolving regulatory reporting requirements.
Production accountants can easily adapt to changes in asset ownership and allocations at any point in time with PAS’ flexible month end close workflow.
PAS core capabilities
PAS equips users to rapidly and accurately calculate revenue, FH and ORR royalties, processing fees and meet regulatory requirements unique to Western Canadian oil and gas producers. It’s the industry’s simplest, most intuitive production accounting system and comes with comprehensive support options.
- The dashboard pinpoints if calculations are complete or incomplete to help production accountants make the best use of their time.
- Intuitive workflow saves time by clearly indicating what processes are required next by accountants with status icons and simple and efficient screen navigation.
- Acquisitions and divestitures are streamlined with an Excel data import/export utility for rapid asset data exchange to maintain accurate accounting.
- Easy to use query/custom reporting provides the industry’s most efficient self-serve data reporting and export to Excel for further independent analysis.
- Fully date-effective system supports a flexible month end close.
- Standardized regulatory reporting is available for partners, meeting government regulations, and audit purposes ‑ all in PDF, CSV and HTML formats.