In conjunction with Stingray’s initiative to support Ukrainian families and individuals, our teams have worked diligently with the federal and provincial governments, as well as financial institutions, to prepare a CGI support package for new Ukrainian hires in Canada.
We are pleased to offer a CGI package to those impacted by the war in Ukraine that complements the provincial and federal governments’ efforts to facilitate the arrival, entry, work visa process, accommodation, and settlement of Ukrainian newcomers.
Through this program, we will make a significant difference in the lives of Ukrainians we will be welcoming and onboarding to CGI as they transition and settle in Canada. We acknowledge the complex trauma our new Ukrainian members may have experienced and, therefore, their psychological health and safety must be a priority. Our program outlined above provides targeted practices and initiatives to ensure they are adequately supported at this time.
Financial support: $5,000 lump sum on their first pay.
24/7 access to the Benivo digital platform (online or via mobile app) to support Ukrainians in their settlement and relocation to Canada, including:
- Resources and dedicated content to help manage relocation and transition
- Desjardins and CIBC support to open bank accounts
- An interest-free loan of up to $5,000
- Access to Benivo customer service via WhatsApp, live chat, email, or phone.
Tailored CGI onboarding and ongoing member support, including:
- Talent Acquisition Committee point of contact for all Ukrainian hires
- Technical boot camps and additional support to fill in skills gaps
- Listening sessions and Coping with Grief support groups for those impacted by the war
- Additional CGI “buddy” (volunteers from the Ukrainian community within CGI)
- Access to our Member Assistance Program, scheduled check-ins, and trauma assistance.