Improving efficiency and citizen engagement
Today’s public safety and justice organizations recognize the need to modernize so they can improve citizen engagement and increase operational efficiency. Knowledge is the key focus, from sharing information securely with other agencies to leveraging insight from social media. Integrating and consolidation information is another critical focal point.
CGI has a deep understanding of criminal justice and public safety challenges. Our integrated solutions help clients adopt modern and efficient work practices to support crime prevention and community policing; crime detection and analysis; courts, prosecution and probation; judicial administration; and border management.
Some representative examples of CGI experience and expertise include:
- Implementing a national electronic case management system for the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in England and Wales
- Managing and enhancing applications and technical infrastructure for the Quebec Ministry of Justice
- Supporting visa processing services for the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, including applicant information services, fee collection, appointment services and document delivery
- Increasing citizen participation through the Burgernet initiative for the Dutch government
- Developing a comprehensive database, the Police National Database, used across police forces and associated organizations for the UK Home Office
- Delivering on U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements for the DHS-Wide Public Cloud Web Content Management Services contract
- Implementing Merlot Medi, an electronic patient record and resource management system for emergency care in support of the Helsinki City Rescue Department
Public safety and justice organizations trust CGI to produce and implement clear, flexible and forward-thinking strategies that support evolving business needs.