Railroad crossing safety is one of the highest priorities for railway infrastructure operators. Finding cost-effective solutions to ensure safety in remote, low traffic areas is especially a challenge. CGI’s SAT-LX, a satellite-based advisory warning system, addresses this challenge by improving safety in these areas at a reasonable cost.
SAT-LX is a low-cost advisory warning system that can be easily deployed at remote railroad crossing sites to provide road users with timely information about approaching trains. It can be combined with existing railroad crossing solutions or serve as a complete solution for improving safety in rural locations.
The system maintains an up-to-date database of train positions and calculates the time of arrival for trains at railroad crossings supported by the system. Calculations are based on position and line speed (plus, actual speed, when available).
- Designed to improve safety at remote railroad crossings with no active protection
- Up-to-date, reliable information to railroad crossing users
- No need for trackside power or communications infrastructure
- Easy to install and maintain
- Remote equipment health checks reduce need for scheduled inspection or servicing
- Proven technology
- Failsafe mode in event of power or equipment failure
- Options to support emergency telephone and object detection
To learn more, contact us.