Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced Production Manager to lead our operations team at the DC Passport Agency.
This high profile position manages the critical day to day operations of our large CGI staff and client relations. Qualified applicants must possess a minimum of 8 years of supervisory/management experience in high volume, multi-department environments and a four year degree. Applicants should be prepared to process through an extensive background for a government clearance. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Passport Support Manager is responsible for excellent and compliant contract performance. This person will be responsible for the quality and quantity of deliverables, and ensuring that performance requirements are upheld during contract performance. The Passport Support Manager shall liaise with DOS staff and have full authority to act on behalf of the Contractor within the scope of operations at the location, including personnel management and hire/fire authority. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee all operations/departments and ensure excellent performance that meets all requirements and standards
• Ensure satisfactory conformance with contract provisions and performance metrics
• Responsible for daily reporting and with input from the Government Management staff, assigns Contractor personnel to specific work areas in order to accommodate fluctuating workloads
• Ensures that each Contractor employee adheres to internal controls, the Privacy Act, and personally identifiable information (PII) standards
• Hire and manage a technically proficient and professionally capable staff throughout the life of the contract
• Provide timely deliverables and performance related data to the Government in order to allow adequate monitoring, oversight, and performance measurement of support services
• Coach, mentor and develop subordinates
• Conduct continuous improvement activities to realize improved service delivery capabilities and performance
• Promote innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness
• Resolve problems with minimal disruption to the activities being performed under the contract
• Respond rapidly to additional operational requirements requests and provide the appropriate levels of qualified staff
• Participate in conference calls and digital video conferences with DOS and other U.S. Government agencies
• May be requested to provide formal and informal briefings to visitors or at off-site conferences
• Support USG in ongoing studies and evaluations
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s Degree,
• PMP certification (preferred), and,
• Eight (8) years of progressive management experience in a production or office environment (i.e. manufacturing, distribution, high volume call centers), including;
o Four (4) years managing a team the size of approx. 70 employees, including;
o Four (4) years managing seasonal/temporary work force, including;
o Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
• US Citizenship is required
• Ability to obtain government clearance
• Ability to successfully pass CGI background investigation, including credit check
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews and documents for internal and external use
• Strong managerial and leadership skills
• Knowledge and expertise in personnel management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced understanding of MS office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to prioritize workload for large teams and possess excellent organizational skills
• Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
• Capable of performing duties of any Section Leader (Supervisor)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.