The LIMS Reporting Analyst should have a working knowledge of major LIMS Software platforms (LabWare, Beckman-Coulter, LabVantage, etc), as well as reporting packages such as Crystal Reports. He or she should be proficient in the gathering, harmonization, and finalization of Reporting Requirements, as well as the development of Certificates of Analysis and other Formatted Outputs within common Reporting Packages.
The candidate can look forward to semi-autonomous assignments where he/she elicits requirements directly from clients and creates high-value reports and data visualizations, as well as teamed matrix engagements where he or she will lead reporoting / data analysis workstreams as part of a larger, integrated implementation team.
The ability to understand Business Requirements and translate them into technical outputs is highly prized, as is the ability to work with validation and testing groups to qualify reporting outputs and move them into Production.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides subject-matter expertise and support to CGI’s LIMS teams as needed in the following areas:
* LIMS Data Analysis
* Proficency in Data Architecture and Master Data Management Concepts
* Thorough undedrstanding of Laboratory Processes and the data they generate
* Ability to identify key data elements needed for accurate and insightful reporting
* Data Visualization and Reporting
* Ability to develop necessary queries in common programming languages (e.g. SQL, etc) to extract reporting data
* Ability to create formatted output reports in common reporting applications (e.g. Crystal Reports, etc.)
* Proficency in data visualization toolsets (Tableau, Spotfire, Cliqview, etc.)
* Ability to interpret and suggest creative / advanced / best practice visualizations and reports
* Demonstrates facility in client-facing activities including:
* Eliciting and documents business requirements.
* Analyzing and validating business requirements.
* Translating business requirements into system and non-functional requirements.
* Facilitating requirements review sessions with business and IT.
* Assists in the creation of business cases and other related financial planning, impact identification, or value justification.
* Consistently delivers on the following internal activities while fostering a collaborative environment:
* Maintains and manages requirements within requirements management tool and related SDLC artifacts.
* Supports Testing Resources and Validation Team in understanding of Report Requirements and developed outputs
* Performs or assists with defect or incident root cause analysis in support of incident and problem management processes.
* Performs or assists with other functions including vendor coordination, planning, project management, release management and change management as assigned and actively participates in special projects as assigned.
* Adheres to Solution Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) and IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
* Develops the right skills to meet the future needs of the organization.
* Performs or assists with production support as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred in Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering Communications) OR equivalent work experience
• Manufacturing Experience and/or Quality Control Experience
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized
• Ability to analyze, articulate and solve problems
• Ability to learn quickly, move with agility between assignments, multi-task, and to work effectively in a team environment, both face-to-face and remotely
• Experience with LabWare LIMS applications
• Experience with Data Analysis and Reporting Applications
• Experience executing any role within the SDLC (including author, developer, tester, coordinator, or project manager)
• Requirements development, engineering or management knowledge
• Experience with enterprise requirements management / application lifecycle management tools
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.