- GOVERNMENT HOME
- CONTACT US
Defense and intelligence
Delivering mission-critical results in complex environments
Defense agencies must provide secure, timely information to large groups of people often in hostile environments to protect national security at home and abroad. They require reliable information and increasingly interoperable solutions to support multi-national operations. They also maintain and improve mission-critical systems in the face of budget pressures and cyber threats.
For more than 36 years, CGI has helped our military and intelligence clients deliver large-scale, complex programs across logistics, operations, communications, intelligence, systems engineering, military health, training, simulation and infrastructure.
Our long-standing client relationships in the United States, Canada and Europe—and the many former senior military and intelligence personnel working at CGI—give us insight to help clients achieve their goals with innovative technology and best practices.
CGI has earned a reputation for solving technically complex challenges in biometrics (where we also have our own intellectual property), cyber security, electronic warfare, C4ISR, secure hosting, cloud computing and systems integration. We are also advancing the concept of Information Enabled Capability (IEC) where the focus is on delivering the information required to support military capability.
Experience and expertise
- CGI solutions and services defend against 43 million cyber-attack incidents each day on military and intelligence networks and infrastructure
- For the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps, CGI manages more than $13 billion worth of active and passive RFID technologies to successfully track military material and equipment
- Over 25,000 NATO staff in 14 countries use our Document Handling System for business on a daily basis
- Our system helps the French Army cater about 250 restaurants, serving 48 million meals per year with a volume of about 55,000 tons
- Over 350,000 centralized records in UK MOD's Defence Medical Information Capability Programme (DMICP) are being used by as many as 2,500 concurrent users doing up to 20,000 consultations per day
- We provide European military satellite communications ground segment systems.