- GOVERMENT HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
Defense and intelligence
Delivering mission-critical results in complex environments
Defense agencies must provide secure, timely information to large groups of people often in hostile environments to protect national security at home and abroad. They require reliable information and increasingly interoperable solutions to support multi-national operations. They also maintain and improve mission-critical systems in the face of budget pressures and cyber threats.
Since 1976, CGI has helped our military and intelligence clients deliver large-scale, complex programs across logistics, operations, communications, intelligence, systems engineering, military health, training, simulation and infrastructure.
Our long-standing client relationships in the United States, Canada and Europe—and the many former senior military and intelligence personnel working at CGI—give us insight to help clients achieve their goals with innovative technology and best practices.
CGI has earned a reputation for solving technically complex challenges in biometrics (where we also have our own intellectual property), cybersecurity, electronic warfare, C4ISR, secure hosting, cloud computing and systems integration. We are also advancing the concept of Information Enabled Capability (IEC) where the focus is on delivering the information required to support military capability.
Experience and expertise
- CGI solutions defend against more than 473 million cyber events per month on military and intelligence networks and infrastructures.
- For the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps, CGI manages more than $13 billion worth of government property to successfully track military material and equipment.
- Over 25,000 NATO staff in 14 countries use our document handling system for business on a daily basis.
- CGI supports the German armed forces in the modernization and harmonization of their entire command and control service environment and, consequently, enables effective operations for more than 180,000 military personnel.Over 400,000 centralized records in UK MOD's Defence Medical Information Capability Programme are being used by as many as 2,500 concurrent users doing up to 20,000 consultations per day.
- We provide European military satellite communications ground segment systems.