- Worldwide presence
Achieving operational and service excellence
Leading utilities are focused on moving to more customer-centric business models and achieving operational excellence. Advancing technologies, such as smart meters and grids, cloud computing, big data and social media, create opportunities to launch new products and services and deliver better service. At the same time, technology is a key enabler for driving operational improvements that cut costs, generate competitive advantages, improve regulatory compliance, increase security, and drive the effective response to climate change and extreme weather.
CGI offers services and solutions across the utilities industry, including the electricity, downstream gas, and water and waste sectors. We have deep experience in both regulated and unregulated markets and have formed long-term client relationships with the world’s largest utilities. We partner with utilities to deliver innovative technologies that meet current and future requirements and help ensure long-term growth and success.
Experience and expertise
- Major presence across North America, Europe and Australia, with 6,000+ dedicated utilities professionals
- Partner to 8 of the 10 largest utilities in Europe, working with more than 200 clients globally
- Built and currently operate 10 of the 16 energy market infrastructures in the world today
- Delivered asset, resource and workforce management systems for 60 of the top utilities in North America
- Long-term outsourcing relationships with clients such as EDP (Portugal, Spain, Brazil and USA), Elexon (UK) and EDF (France)
- Support for large, well-known smart grid projects such as InovGrid (Portugal) and Low Carbon London (UK)
- Large portfolio of award-winning utility solutions
CGI intellectual property
Environmental and energy solutions