- Worldwide presence
Driving global competitiveness and profitability
Economic uncertainty, globalization, volatile demand, increased customer centricity and greater government oversight are creating new and intense pressures for today's manufacturers. To compete and win, manufacturers must reduce costs, introduce more diverse products, shorten product lifecycles and increase service levels, all with fewer resources.
CGI's manufacturing IT services and solutions provide the strategies, technologies and processes manufacturers need to transform their operations to become industry leaders. We help manufacturers more efficiently expand into new geographies, design and launch new products, streamline and optimize their supply chains, and excel in critical operational areas such as data management, forecasting, production and transport management.
Manufacturers are looking to maximise existing investments in infrastructure. Effective use of systems in areas such as transport can not only reduce operational cost by as much as 10%, but can optimise inventory flow thereby freeing up capacity without major capital programmes. CGI’s strong lead in transport management solutions can help manufacturers improve their operations whilst reducing cost through our deep knowledge and experience in the business.
To help us achieve these outcomes, we are actively involved in the Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association (MESA), which is dedicated to promoting and sharing manufacturing excellence and best practices. Over the past 14 years, we have tracked the latest trends in manufacturing execution systems (MES) through our 2013 MES Product Survey. In 2013, 69 suppliers from around the world told us about their services, products, technologies, quality efforts and key focus areas, and a survey report is available to our clients.
From individual projects that target specific transformation programs to full IT outsourcing services, CGI's manufacturing IT expertise and best-fit global delivery model allow clients to increase their innovation, competitiveness and profits.
Experience and expertise
- Long-term partner to leading global manufacturers in multiple sectors, including aerospace manufacturing, automotive manufacturing, and mining and metals manufacturing, as well as other sectors such as high-tech electronics/semiconductors, pharmacy, and food/beverage.
- 30+ years of manufacturing experience and 1,300+ dedicated manufacturing professionals
- Proven track record of delivering significant cost savings in operations, as well as innovative solutions focused on market responsiveness and business growth
- Recognized industry expertise (our experts are frequent keynote speakers at major industry conferences and consult at the C-level)
- Proactive in tracking trends through, for example, our comprehensive annual survey on manufacturing execution systems (MES), which involves suppliers and MES products from across the globe
- Broad and diverse clientele, including Alstom, Bombardier, Rio Tinto Alcan, Michelin and Philips International