Optimizing business and IT, reducing costs and improving profitability
Economic uncertainty, globalization, volatile demand, increased customer centricity and greater government oversight are creating new and intense pressures for today's manufacturers. To compete and win, manufacturers must optimize their operations, reduce costs, introduce more diverse products, shorten product lifecycles and increase service levels, all with fewer resources.
CGI's extensive subject matter expertise and broad range of business and IT services and solutions across the manufacturing value chain deliver the tailored strategies, technologies and processes manufacturers need to transform their operations to become industry leaders. We help manufacturers streamline and optimize their supply chains end to end, with a specific focus on bringing additional business value that enables our clients to reduce total cost of delivery. We cover engineering, procurement, inbound logistics, manufacturing, outbound logistics, marketing, sales and service, and more.
From individual projects that target specific transformation programs to full IT outsourcing services, CGI's manufacturing IT expertise and best-fit global delivery model allow clients to increase their innovation, competitiveness and profitability.
Experience and expertise
- Manufacturing clients that span numerous industries, from mining, metals, pulp and paper and chemicals to aerospace, automotive, high tech, electronics and other industrial products
- 2,800 supply chain experts teaming up with more than 7,000 professionals to build long-term partnerships with our manufacturing clients across the globe, many of which span several decades
- Extensive subject matter expertise and proven track record of delivering significant cost savings, as well as innovative solutions focused on market responsiveness and growth
- Member of the board of the Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association (MESA) and provider of MESA C-level training
- 30+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry working with a broad and diverse clientele, including EADS/Airbus, Volvo, BMW, Michelin, Phillips, Bombardier, Rio Tinto and ArcelorMittal
- 25+ year partnership with one of the largest mining and metals companies in the world
- Supply chain optimization for leading manufacturers worldwide
- 600+ MES systems evaluated over the last 15 years in our annual MES Product Survey
- Multi-year application services for one of the world's largest tire manufacturers
2014 Annual Review
June 8-11, 2015 - GT Nexus Bridges 2015
MES Product Survey
Fifteenth year producing CGI's annual MES Product Survey, which includes trends, best practices and guidance for manufacturing execution systems
19 August 2014 - Toyota Material Handling Europe outsources IT services to CGI
31 July 2014 - CGI selected for SAP application management services
7 July 2014 - Volvo Car Group selects CGI for security services
7 July 2014 - CGI renews an important contract with Michelin
CGI in the news
CGI: Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions (MES) (in Dutch) – article from Dutch IT Channel