- Manufacturing Home
- Natural resources
- Commercial and industrial goods
- MEDIA CENTER
- Contact Us
Enabling digitalization beyond organizational boundaries
Economic uncertainty, globalization, volatile demand, increased customer expectations and greater government oversight are creating new and intense pressures for today's manufacturers. To compete and win, leading manufacturers are focused on reducing costs, improving operational agility and innovation, launching new services, and decreasing time to market. In addition, for the first time, social media and digital customer engagement are top of mind.
CGI's extensive industry expertise and broad range of business and IT capabilities deliver the tailored strategies, technologies and processes manufacturers need to transform their operations to become industry leaders. We help manufacturers streamline and optimize their supply chains end to end, bringing in digital manufacturing solutions to drive agility and transform traditional B2B approaches into a B2B2C model. The areas we cover include engineering, procurement, inbound logistics, manufacturing, outbound logistics, marketing, sales and service, and more.
From individual projects that target specific transformation programs to full IT outsourcing services, CGI's manufacturing IT expertise and best-fit global delivery model allow clients to increase their innovation, competitiveness and profitability.
Experience and expertise
- Manufacturing clients that span numerous industries, from mining, metals, pulp and paper and chemicals to aerospace, automotive, high tech, electronics and other industrial products
- 2,800 supply chain experts teaming up with more than 7,000 professionals to build long-term partnerships with our manufacturing clients across the globe, many of which span several decades
- Extensive subject matter expertise and proven track record of delivering significant cost savings, as well as innovative solutions focused on market responsiveness and growth
- Member of the board of the Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association (MESA) and provider of MESA C-level training
- 30+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry working with a broad and diverse clientele, including EADS/Airbus, Volvo, BMW, Michelin, Phillips, Bombardier, Rio Tinto and ArcelorMittal
- 25+ year partnership with one of the largest mining and metals companies in the world
- Supply chain optimization for leading manufacturers worldwide
- 600+ MES systems evaluated over the last 16 years in our annual MES Product Survey
- Multi-year application services for one of the world's largest tire manufacturers
2016 CGI Global 1000
We met one-on-one with 1,000 business and IT leaders across 10 industries in 20 countries.
Discover the insights
31 August 2015 - Steel producer ArcelorMittal Bremen renews partnership with CGI
26 February 2015 - Airbus Group extends contract with CGI for support of global HR system
19 August 2014 - Toyota Material Handling Europe outsources IT services to CGI
31 July 2014 - CGI selected for SAP application management services
7 July 2014 - Volvo Car Group selects CGI for security services