Data center facilities and management
A service delivery model designed for flexibility
The data center is the heart of an organization, providing vital, round-the-clock availability for IT systems and services. With significant resources dedicated to data center performance and reliability, maximizing investments and achieving cost savings are critical business imperatives.
CGI’s worldwide data center facilities and management services and flexible technology infrastructure allows us to offer clients the optimal combination of onsite and offsite outsourcing service delivery. We understand the challenges in operating data centers¾from capability and capacity management, to power and cooling, to carbon footprint constraints, automation and service provisioning. Our annual multi-million dollar investment program ensures that your business has access to best-in-class IT infrastructure services delivered from world-class facilities.
With global warming high on the world’s agenda, energy efficiency is of growing importance, especially for products and activities that are large consumers of energy. Because data centers are major consumers of energy, there is a growing demand from our clients to improve the energy efficiency of these facilities, and CGI is responding.
We have invested in global improvement programs for our data center facilities, which is paying off in terms of service reliability and cost efficiency. Over the years, we have made substantial progress in developing high density, energy efficient data center facilities. Our work has won praise from both external consultants and clients alike, and has led to consulting work with clients on the design of their own data center facilities.
CGI is proud to be a member of the Uptime Institute and The Green Grid®. Both are global consortiums of IT companies and professionals seeking to improve uptime and energy efficiency in data centers and business computing ecosystems around the globe.
- Data center facilities management (PDF) – CGI’s data center management services provide a full suite of offerings to manage the entire lifecycle of a data center.
- Green data centers (PDF) – CGI’s cost-effective, innovative and energy efficient infrastructure management centers adhere to the highest quality and security standards
Experience and expertise
- End-to-end focus on seven key areas: integration, green IT, automation, consolidation, virtualization, security and compliance
- Network of data centers that provides best-fit global delivery value, with options tailored to each client’s specific needs
- Consulting services in all aspects of data center lifecycle management, including the planning, design and development of new data centers, as well as existing data center optimization center consolidations or moves