- GOVERMENT HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
Transforming the business of government
Around the world, governments need to meet the increasing demand for easy and secure access to information and services. More than ever, governments also need to provide public services in open and transparent ways with fewer resources and at lower cost.
Since 1976, CGI has helped over 2,000 government clients in 15 countries improve citizen service and increase efficiency through successful transformation programs. We have partnered with central and federal governments as well as state, provincial and local governments including:
- Over 100 U.S. federal agency clients and nearly 200 state and local government clients
- More than 95 Canadian federal organizations and most provincial governments and territories
- Governments across Europe, including Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK, and in Australia.
CGI's public sector expertise is focused on defense and intelligence, health and human services, public safety and justice, tax, revenue and collections and space programs. Governments partner with us to develop agile, secure and mobile solutions that address both current and emerging priorities. We also help protect their sensitive data and against the threat of persistent cyber attacks through our extensive security expertise. We provide strategic thinking to transform programs and back-office operations using technologies such as cloud computing in revolutionary ways.
Experience and expertise
- Over the last 10 years, we have provided the Crown Prosecution Service of England and Wales with the technology to prosecute over 15 million defendants.
- We support 50+ million Americans served by Medicare.gov, which has been made more accessible and customer-centric with the help of CGI.
- Community policing (Burgernet) in the Netherlands is a great success thanks to CGI, with more than 1.5 million people participating nationwide.
- U.S. public sector tax and revenue clients have collected $4 billion in additional revenues that would not have been generated without implementing CGI solutions.
- We delivered systems that produce weather satellite images and data across Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa covering a population of over 3 billion people.
2015 Annual Review
Read our blog
January 27, 2016Better sharing of data among government agencies is vital if we want to protect our most vulnerable citizens
December 14, 2015Managing today’s hybrid IT environments through an effective MSI/SIAM framework
October 1, 201510 cybersecurity questions for elected officials
September 25, 2015Listening to our clients and responding with innovation
September 1, 2015Citizen engagement is a key to future cities