- GOVERMENT HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
Innovating to enable digital governments
Around the world, governments need to meet increasing demands for easy and secure access to digital information and services. They also need to provide public services in open and transparent ways with fewer resources and at lower cost.
Since 1976, CGI has helped over 2,000 government clients in 15 countries improve citizen service and increase efficiency through successful digital transformation programs, including:
- Digital government – transforming citizen interactions while improving operational excellence and reducing costs
- Future cities and regions – creating more livable, prosperous, sustainable and safer communities
- Smart defense – helping military organizations leverage current investments while taking advantage of new ideas and proven technologies
- Over 100 U.S. federal agency clients and nearly 200 state and local government clients
- More than 95 Canadian federal organizations and most provincial governments and territories
- Governments across Europe, including Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK, and in Australia
Governments also partner with us to protect their sensitive data, deliver new insights through data analytics, and transform programs and back-office operations using digital technologies such as cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things in revolutionary ways.
Experience and expertise
- Over the last 10 years, we have provided the Crown Prosecution Service of England and Wales with the technology to prosecute over 15 million defendants.
- We support 55+ million Americans served by Medicare.gov, which has been made more accessible and customer-centric with the help of CGI.
- Community policing (Burgernet) in the Netherlands is a great success thanks to CGI, with more than 1.5 million people participating nationwide.
- U.S. public sector tax and revenue clients have collected $4 billion in additional revenues that would not have been generated without implementing CGI solutions.
- We delivered systems that produce weather satellite images and data across Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa covering a population of over 3 billion people.
Read our blog
May 24, 20165 ways to bend ERP like Beckham
April 27, 20165 steps to ERP happiness
March 9, 2016Managing innovation to sustain growth and prosperity for local governments
February 24, 2016The whole is more than the sum of its parts
January 27, 2016Better sharing of data among government agencies is vital if we want to protect our most vulnerable citizens
2015 Annual Review