CGI's Identicate® service provides an identification documentation processor with verification of the name, address, and social security information on an application. The data is matched and returned, or discrepancies are noted. Additionally, the solution can present the applicant with an interactive, multiple-choice quiz based on a wide range of applicant-specific data, and then evaluate the responses in seconds to determine whether the applicant meets an agency's authentication standards. Identicate bases its queries on a wide range of data sources specified by the administration agency.
Examples of data verification using Identicate include:
- Social Security Number: Was the number ever issued? In what name? Was it issued after the applicant's date of birth? Has the person been reported as deceased?
- Address: Is the address given a residence, a commercial address, or perhaps a mail forwarding service? Was the individual reported with that address?
- Name: Is this the same name reported in the consumer database for this individual?
The primary components of the Identicate solution include:
- Rules Designer: a browser-based, administrative tool supporting the configuration of the authentication process. Rules Designer allows for the authentication configuration that is appropriate for its needs. The configuration includes the type response and, if questions are to be incorporated, the type of question, point value associated with a correct answer to the question, total number of questions to be assessed, and question presentation format.
- Authentication Engine: analyzes replies from the data source and generates an XML-based question set to be used for identity authentication. Based on an applicant's profile information, the Authentication Engine retrieves files from specified data sources. The Authentication Engine is fully customizable and can utilize multiple data sources to generate authentication questions.
- Transaction Locator: a browser-based administrative tool that allows authorized users to review and monitor past Identicate sessions. It displays statistics associated with the defined process. Transaction Locator allows administration agencies to monitor the authentication process and make the appropriate improvements to prevent fraud.
To address privacy concerns, log records are maintained to guard against employee misuse. No data used for verification is saved in the applicant's record. Furthermore, the administration agency cannot view a customer's credit or financial records. Rather, they see only the data to verify name, address, social security number, and like information.
Identicate®, is a registered trademark of CGI Group Inc.